Talk

Advanced search

My 14 mth old will only drink out of a bottle, any advice please?

(4 Posts)
3timesamummi Mon 10-Feb-14 14:34:28

Hi, my 14 month old daughter will only drink out of a bottle for her milk and juice. I have tried various cups but she refuses to drink from them, I have tried to only offer her the cup but by around 3pm I am so worried that she hasn't drank anything that I give in and give her a bottle!!! Any tips would be really appreciated...

slightlyconfused85 Mon 10-Feb-14 14:40:51

Have you tried a cup with a built in straw? I have a munchkin one and I think Nuby do them too - bit more bottle like?

could you give her milk in a bottle and her water in a cup? Then even if she refuses the cup for a while you know she's had some liquid in the form of the milk.

spanky2 Mon 10-Feb-14 14:41:52

I let ds2 drink out of his bottle at bedtime until he was 2. I couldn't make him drink milk at bedtime when he stopped with the bottle. Try a small plastic cup? I also got the roof cups that the water just runs out (no valve) as my boys didn't know what to do with the valve one.

3timesamummi Mon 10-Feb-14 14:57:07

Thanks spanky I have tried the free flow cups and she spat the liquid out but keeping bottles for milk only is something i will probably do for now... I will have to look out for a cup with a straw and try that, hopefully she will drink from it... thankyou smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now