Talk

Advanced search

What you don't want to hear...

(4 Posts)
lchats Thu 06-Feb-14 11:59:20

When you you have a 2yo dd and a 10wk old simultaneously crying hysterically in the middle if sainsburys.... I think it gets harder as they get older... Why lady why would you say this?! X

FastWindow Thu 06-Feb-14 19:08:08

Oh, ignore!! When I was pg with my second a well meaning colleague told me that ' one child changes your life. Two destroys it'

Yeah, thanks for that little gem.

It hasn't.

mumofboyo Thu 06-Feb-14 19:47:30

I'd take that comment with a pinch of salt! In my experience (limited to just 2 children, the eldest of whom is just 2.10) it gets easier as they get older; as your baby hits every milestone and inches their way towards independence it gets that little bit easier smile .

mummyxtwo Thu 06-Feb-14 20:03:53

People say the daftest of things. Why do some women think it's a good idea to tell you their horror birth stories because you are heavily pregnant?! I wonder if they realise afterwards how incredibly unhelpful that was, or if they remain entirely lacking in insight?! Ignore her - there are always new challenges but it gets easier, definitely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now