Talk

Advanced search

Guilt

(4 Posts)
JSARJSARstar4567 Wed 05-Feb-14 21:07:12

Hi,

I was hoping someone had some tips of getting
rid of guilt. I had my DS who is not 4 when I was 20 years old and didn't recieve much support from my mum and found it really difficult to cope with my Ds as I didn't know what to expect from having a child and hadn't had much experience with babies before hand. I suffered post natal depression. I put my ds in nursery at 10 months old and feel really bad about it still to this day.

KatyN Thu 06-Feb-14 11:56:15

I had my son when I was 35. I had loads of support from my DH and family.

He still went to nursery at 10 months.

Try and think of the positives. I am assuming he's fine? at the time that was the parenting decision you made. well done you.

k

JSARJSARstar4567 Thu 06-Feb-14 14:18:18

He's my world, thank you. Just hate the guilt feeling it sticks to you like chew gum. Hope your well

mummyxtwo Fri 07-Feb-14 11:50:44

As a parent you can only do what seems to be best at that particular moment in time. If you hadn't put him in nursery and had then struggled to look after him, you may have more guilt about the way you had parented him and behaved around him when he was little. Adopting a coping mechanism, such as nursery if you feel like you're not coping, is a sensible approach to parenting. And he will have gained benefits from being in nursery too, such as interacting with other little ones. Dwelling on the past doesn't change it but is likely to make you feel depressed, if you feel you made mistakes. We've all made mistakes. Look to the future and to being the best mum you can be from this day forth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now