Talk

Advanced search

does this weaning schedule look ok? LO sometimes not hungry!

(4 Posts)
claremoss Wed 05-Feb-14 20:13:43

Hi,
I am in the 5th week of weaning and sometimes my LO eats and sometimes she doesn't and I don't know if my timings are ok?
7am up
715 BF
8 breakfast
9-11 nap (small bf prior)
11 BF
12 lunch
130-215 nap (small bf prior)
230 BF
445 BF to sleep on me for 15 mins
5 tea
615 bath
630 bottle
7 bed

Does this look ok, or is she not hungry for food because I am breastfeeding her too much???

Eletheomel Wed 05-Feb-14 20:17:08

I would say that looks absoultley fine, in fact I'm just starting my boy on 3 meals a day and he's 8 months, first 2 months I just did 2 meals a day (usually lunch and dinner).

I'm sure you've heard this many times, but I'm a believer in the old adage 'food is fun until their one'. It doesn't really matter how much your daugher eats just now as bmilk is her main source of calories and will be for many months to come.

Some babies gobble up solids as soon as they're introduced, DS1 nibbled and tasted things straight away, but in all honesty he was probably close to 11 months before he was putting meals away - I kept bfeeding him and he was still thriving.

Try not to worry, she'll take what she needs.

StuckOnARollercoaster Wed 05-Feb-14 20:29:06

Looks fairly similar to mine - I do 4 breastfeeds in the day and 3 small meals with my 8 month old. Sometimes she's not too fussed about the last meal of the day so we just leave it. (She also has a 'dream' feed at about midnight and unfortunately has been teething and if I can't resettle her in the middle of the night then I'll offer the boob!)

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 07-Feb-14 21:15:13

Sounds fine. Have you found the MN weaning section yet smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now