Talk

Advanced search

What Would Your Teething Children Eat?

(15 Posts)
JRsandCoffee Sun 02-Feb-14 13:17:22

Just that really! Overnight on Friday my daughter turned from a food demolishing machine into a red cheeked dribble monster who sat down to eat yesterday took one bite and howled, and has kept it up ever since...... So far today she has had a few spoons of porridge, a small bit of toast and jam, some soft bread and butter, a bit of hummus, a couple of grapes and a refugee Ella's pouch of baby brekkie I found in the cupboard a yoghurt and a random digestive biscuit. Totally rejected carrot soup but from the shudder I'm thinking just didn't like it, her usual banana, her favourite savoury muffins, cheese and even breadsticks (sucked hummous off and fed to dog) She keeps stuffing food in then crying, horrible. She seems fine in herself, a bit unsettled at night but currently sitting chatting to her books and roaming about her room squeaking merrily.....

Very merrily, too merrily, had best investigate crows of triumph! Any food advice for teethers gratefully received!

stainesmassif Sun 02-Feb-14 13:20:59

Frozen blueberries. Enormous hit.

colditz Sun 02-Feb-14 13:29:40

Have you given her some painkillers?

JRsandCoffee Sun 02-Feb-14 13:29:55

Making my way to the fridge now to relocate blueberries to freezer......

JRsandCoffee Sun 02-Feb-14 13:31:05

Calpol just before I put her down for her nap, which she doesn't seem that keen on, dribbling and chatting to her light show thingy! She will have nurofen before bed tonight.......

laracroft2001 Sun 02-Feb-14 13:32:21

Cucumber sticks, slices of watermelon, pineapple chunks

Hope that helps!!

bronya Sun 02-Feb-14 13:35:04

Calpol before dinner - then puree the meat bit, and put with v soft veg and mash or pasta. Scrambled eggs for lunch, or soup with v soft bread and soft cheese. Frozen frubes. Yoghurt.

JRsandCoffee Sun 02-Feb-14 13:51:54

Hmmm might try scrambled eggs for dinner with soft bread and cheese, thank you all!

How long does this last?? She's cut four teeth with no drama but these ones seem to be causing much bother, needed a dry vest on before nap due to dribble!

colditz Sun 02-Feb-14 14:20:40

Molars cause a lot of fuss, and it may be a few weeks.

JRsandCoffee Sun 02-Feb-14 15:25:17

Oh dear, think it's both the second top ones coming together.......Molars a way away I fear!

Melonbreath Mon 03-Feb-14 16:36:31

Calpol and maybe the odd bite of porridge.
That's it.
On non teething days dd stuffs herself with everything

Misty9 Mon 03-Feb-14 22:51:25

Yoghurt, milk. That's it smile

Misty9 Mon 03-Feb-14 22:52:35

Also, apparently when they teethe their appetite is naturally suppressed, to help avoid pain I guess?

KatyN Tue 04-Feb-14 09:14:50

yoghurt. on a bed day he'd get through 8 (and the big adult ones not those silly little ones)

He didn't eat anything else.

our fridge always looks a bit odd when he's teething.

mummyxtwo Tue 04-Feb-14 11:28:36

Dd2 ate lots of yoghurt too, also cucumber sticks with the skin cut off so it didn't hurt her mouth. Pieces of banana and handfuls of grated cheese are her usual fail-safe foods although even banana got the cold shoulder at times. Nurofen always seemed to settle her more than calpol for teething pain. Baby bonjela or dentinox is great, I recommend rubbing one of those on her sore gums. Bless, poor little love!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now