Advanced search

baby dad issues.. help ):

(5 Posts)
mummykayxx Mon 11-Nov-13 13:48:00

my son goes to his dad two nights a month. he lives with his mum atm but has just told me he's moving in with 5 other people. ages between 18 and 22. they don't know rory, they won't be quiet while hes asleep. they drink and smoke inside especially Saturday nights and I suspect there is drugs involved with a few of them. I told him it is not a safe environment for a 2 year old. he told me I couldn't stop him. im concerned for my son's safety! I said he could carry on having him at his mums but not there. what can I do? I don't want him there. I don't know these people personally, and I don't want my son staying with them. what can I do? ):

Hawkmoth Mon 11-Nov-13 13:52:14

You need to report post to MN as you have your son's name in it.

Madlizzy Mon 11-Nov-13 14:00:05

Keep telling him the same thing and tell him that is how it is and if he wants to keep up with contact, he has to stick to it. If you get on with his mum, might be worth speaking to her too.

JerseyMilk Mon 11-Nov-13 15:04:08

No way I'd want my child staying in an environment like that - you're definitely within your rights to say that's not on. Maybe in the future if you get to know the people a little? Does your ex even know them well? Maybe say he can only stay at grandma's for the next few months at least?

Bedsheets4knickers Mon 11-Nov-13 15:17:36

You can stop him and you really do need to. Not in a million years would I let my dcs do that. Don't let him bully you. Involve the social if needs be x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now