Talk

Advanced search

5y/o away from mummy for 3 weeks

(4 Posts)
travellingmumsw18 Thu 25-Jul-13 10:30:55

Any co-parenting Mums around? My ex has taken our 5y/o away on hols for 3 long weeks (mutually agreed beforehand). First day today and already feeling separation anxiety aka choking back tears / whimpering when I see other mums with their little ones sad I should say I'm quite hormonal as I'm around 8w pregnant. But still.... Need tips and reassurance so I don't catch the next plane to my baby xx

KatyN Thu 25-Jul-13 16:20:47

oh bless you.. I read this earlier today and then saw that no one else had responded so thought I should. Alas I have no wise words.

I guess all you can do is remind yourself why you are co-parenting. how happy your little one will be with the ex and how important it is for them to have a good relationship.

other tip is to eat chocolate and cross the days off on a calendar.

kx

travellingmumsw18 Thu 25-Jul-13 22:29:56

Thanks v much @KatyN smile not feeling as down now as this morning. I'm planning on keeping very busy and focusing on the fun Dd will have whilst bonding with her Dad. Plus we just had a video chat before her bedtime so fingers crossed this will go by quickly. Should get some much needed rest too. Tiny bump making me really tired. Thanks again for your kind words xx

cory Sat 27-Jul-13 08:59:21

flowers

and brew

I know the feeling- ds has just gone off to stay for 4 weeks with his grandparents abroad. Yes all right, I know, he is a big lumbering 13yo. And is having a whale of a time. But it's still bloody empty without him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now