Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

im new

(7 Posts)
tracycj1 Sun 07-Jul-13 16:05:43

just wanting to introduce myself and say hello , im new to mums net and trying to find my way round the site.
have used a similar site before with a similar name and didnt get on very well with it somehow .

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 07-Jul-13 19:29:06

Hi Tracy, didn't want to leave you unanswered. This forum isn't as busy as the chat board and be careful if you post in Am I Being Unreasonable. grin

ThreeBeeOneGee Sun 07-Jul-13 19:31:41

Hi tracycj1 and welcome.

TooTabooToBoo Sun 07-Jul-13 19:54:42

Hi, welcome to Mumsnet.

It's a great place for support and information, advice, chatty threads and telly or celeb gossip, there's philosophy or feminist chat, potty about pets? There's even a topic for guinea pigs!

Basically.there's a lot of stuff going on with lots of people with MANY opinions. It's great.

I'd avoid the AIBU (Am I Being Unreasonable) topic until you've had a good lurk and got the feel for it.

Chat is probably the best place to start, just jump.right in and post away - nobody will know you aren't new.

I've been here a for years and still manage to kill threads so don't worry if.that happens initially.

Enjoy!

Ineedabettername Sun 07-Jul-13 21:17:43

Welcome!

tracycj1 Sun 07-Jul-13 22:01:27

does anybody know how to get rid of the annoying ads at the top of the paage, as they take each page ages to load.
thanks smile

TooTabooToBoo Mon 08-Jul-13 11:04:54

I'm not sure you can. There is something called 'ad blocker' Ive seen mentioned but not used it myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now