Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

My baby's not my baby anymore!

(7 Posts)
PsychoFlame Fri 02-Jun-06 15:18:11

My 12 year old has suddenly grown up!!!

Today is her first trip to the beach without parents! She is with a large group of sensible girls that I know, and has been taken there by a parent, in regular contact by mobile etc.

I am finding it very hard to let go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FioFio Fri 02-Jun-06 15:21:35

Message deleted

megglevache Fri 02-Jun-06 15:25:06

Message withdrawn

psychomum5 Fri 02-Jun-06 16:50:19

All smiley thinking about the memories.

christie1 Sat 03-Jun-06 04:07:39

Hey, you have done a good job since she hangs around with sensible girls. And then you and she can have a gabfest about all that went on at the beach.

Earlybird Sat 03-Jun-06 07:33:00

How did it go? Know I'll feel exactly the same as you when dd ventures out for the first time without parents....

psychomum5 Sun 04-Jun-06 13:23:56

DD had a fab time, altho without her mummy there to nag she didn't do sunscreen and got ever so lsighlty burnt

she even got the bus home in time for ballet (all the friends are from ballet so that did help )and so now feeling much more independant. BUTmummy feeling a little 'not needed'.

very proud of her even tho she got burnt, but she won't forget the sunscreen next time at least

oooh....tis sooooooo hard seeing her grow, but also feel so proud that she feels confident enough too, IYKWIM

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: