Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

DD 3.8 so stroppy, won't sleep and keeps inventing stuff to cause rows :-(

(6 Posts)
CountessDracula Wed 31-May-06 13:47:18

Last week dd was ill, just a cold, she was SO stroppy. Then at the weekend she recovered and had a day of being her old, sweet self.

Ever since she has been in a right strop. She won't go to bed all of a sudden and keeps getting up time and time again (never done this). She wakes unfeasibly early and screams and cries and yells as soon as she wakes. (she is generally a smiley angel in the am)

Last night she woke in the night and kept asking for stuff (I want milk, got her milk, put by bedside, NO I WANT IT ON THE OTHER SIDE, put on other side, NO I WANT A BOTTLE NOT A CUP (not really bottle just avent cup thing), etc etc. She keeps telling me I have been nasty to her and pretends I have said stuff I haven't.

I suspect it is all rooted in lack of sleep due to refusing to go to bed at the right time and early waking. I just can't work out why it is happening all of a sudden. Nothing has changed. She used to be an 8 til 8 girl, but now it is more like 9.30 til 6!

Any ideas?

NotQuiteCockney Wed 31-May-06 13:49:08

Maybe a hangover from the cold?

Or maybe she's worked out she can get up in the middle of the night? DS1 is a bit of a terror about this, since he worked it out. He's forever getting up in the middle of the night to read, etc.

The crankiness sounds like tiredness, but getting to the root of the tiredness is the tricky bit.

CountessDracula Wed 31-May-06 13:51:11

Oh no she has known about getting up in the night for ages, she often ends up with us but she just snuggles down and goes to sleep

oliveoil Wed 31-May-06 13:52:57

oh god, I get the ridiculous not that cup that one stuff as well.

Argued over green straws v pink ones last night.

And this morning she insisted on a dress even though it was cold so I forced her into trousers and shoved her off to MIL's.

Dd1 has been ill though as well and last night dh had to sleep with her for a bit (didn't want me, wonder why ).

Phase??? Mine is 3.7yrs......

NotQuiteCockney Wed 31-May-06 13:54:59

Hmm, but does she ever get up and do stuff in the night?

I deeply regret DS1 working out that you don't have to sleep at night.

CountessDracula Wed 31-May-06 14:05:54

No not really do stuff

Yes am sure is a phase but AAARRGGHHH

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: