Talk

Advanced search

sophie the giraffe

(12 Posts)
newbiebaby Thu 20-Jun-13 12:21:39

My 6 mth old loves sophie but has just punctured her with his teeth now worried about breastfeeding anyone know if it's still safe to use? Thought they were meant to last ages?

mummy2benji Thu 20-Jun-13 13:13:43

I'm guessing if it's punctured you need to chuck it away and get a replacement one quick, if she loves it! Although if she now has teeth and has managed this once, it'll happen again. Maybe you can try to wean onto a different toy? Sophie the giraffe has a baby giraffe too, which is smaller with two rings on either side which are textured for teething, but most importantly it is solid so it won't puncture. My dd2 loves both of them, so I would maybe give that one a try instead.

newbiebaby Fri 21-Jun-13 18:40:17

I thought so v annoyed as they're not cheap! Thanks for replying smile

okthen Fri 21-Jun-13 18:56:03

You can have ours, I can't stand the bastard little thing. Squeak squeak squeak squeak aaaargh grin

TeaOperated Fri 21-Jun-13 22:34:36

Okthen - a friend put her Sophie in the steriliser. Sophie doesn't squeak any more.

Feel a sudden fit of 'is this toy clean enough' paranoia coming on...?

ghislaine Fri 21-Jun-13 22:48:28

I can second that experience: a sterilised Sophie stops squeaking.

fabergeegg Sat 22-Jun-13 00:42:00

DD managed to put the squeak out of little fella this week. We've just carried on. It's a bit quieter. Never thought of responding in any way.

silverangel Sat 22-Jun-13 14:46:42

Yep, we sterilised ours after the dog had it - no more squeaking!

okthen Sun 23-Jun-13 19:33:17

I love mumsnet. Have a nice sauna, Sophie...

AliBingo Mon 24-Jun-13 14:04:08

Genius! Think our Sophie is in sudden need of sterilisation too smile

Sandra999 Wed 22-Jul-15 13:18:20

Ha ha Mumsnet is indeed awesome - great tip with the sterilizer. smile

...Though I suppose that means Sophie wouldn't be able to do this anymore:

Video of Sophie singing "Twinkle Twinkle")

(

TiredandGrumpy2014 Thu 23-Jul-15 07:28:54

Be careful washing Sophie. I did it and some water must have got stuck in the squeaker so she got this kind of rasping cough, she sounded like she was at deaths door!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now