Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Do you return other peoples kids on time?

(12 Posts)
charliecat Mon 29-May-06 18:17:28

DD has been out all day with her friend and was meant to be back at 5.30-6.00. Its now 16 mins past...I want her back <<<sob>>>>

I am always 10-20 mins late in returning other peoples kids So cant really moan!!!

cod Mon 29-May-06 18:17:42

Message withdrawn

Twiglett Mon 29-May-06 18:18:12

return? return? don't they get picked up then

charliecat Mon 29-May-06 18:18:41

No they are returned lol

mykidsmum Mon 29-May-06 18:19:58

mine always get collected, and then i come on here and moan when two hours later the parents haven't turned up or even bloody phoned

spidermama Mon 29-May-06 18:21:23

I'm anal about being on time. I'm always on time. I also feel bizarrely uneasy and emotional if others bring my kids back late.

mykidsmum Mon 29-May-06 18:23:03

I am always on time too spidermama, PIL always return my kids late after a day out and i too become very unnerved

charliecat Mon 29-May-06 18:23:48

Its like a birds fell out of the nest, and you cant settle your feathers till they are back in under your wing!

spidermama Mon 29-May-06 18:25:15

True charliecat. I actually pace the house unable to get on with anything until they are back. I'm chilled out about so many things but this isn't one of them.

charliecat Mon 29-May-06 18:34:34

ahhh, shes back, looks like shes had a great time

jac34 Mon 29-May-06 18:49:35

I am normally on time but with one set of parents they seem very relaxed about when they bring back our DSs,so we tend to be the same when we have their DS.
We've had him for a sleep over since teatime yesturday,and his Mum has only just come to collect him.Our DSs wanted him to go out with us today,so we rang this morning and his parents didn't mind.They all had a great time and his parents had a bit of peace
I'm knackered though

sunnydelight Mon 29-May-06 19:08:30

I'm a bit anal about timekeeping as well and luckily I've passed it on to DS1 who now obsessively phones me if he's going to be even a couple of minutes late now he's old enough to go out by himself

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: