Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

I am not having a Good Day.

(12 Posts)
colditz Mon 29-May-06 10:23:29

6 week old baby is a piece of cake. but (and I feel so bad saying this)

My 3 year old is driving me bloody loopy. And he isn't doing anything wrong, just constant "Mummy help me, I stuck, mummy want something to eat, mummy, want drink, mummy, want beebies on, mummy, want drawing, mummy want bricks out, ..."

I I am ill. I have a stinking cold which isn't shifting because I am so tired, and my head aches. ds1 is bored I know that, but I can't be bothered to play with him, I just feel too cruddy.

Just a moan, really. I feel a bit better for seeing how petty it is on paper, IYSWIM.

I just wish he could stick at something for more than 12 seconds.

LadySherlockofLGJ Mon 29-May-06 10:25:44

Aw Colditz

Tomorrow is another day, just try and get through today as best you can.

Where is DP today ??

milward Mon 29-May-06 10:26:11

My 3yr old drives me crazy as well. Sending lots of good luck plus get better soon xxx

Miaou Mon 29-May-06 10:26:57

Aw colditz, you have my sympathies - I really remember that stage with the dds (and am not looking forward to it with ds either!)

Have you got a pal you can invite round who is happy to slob about and share your woes? I find kids are FAR less hard work when you can put two of them together and you have another adult in the mix.

TheMammy Mon 29-May-06 10:27:44

Hah! I texted DH at 9am saying my head was about to explode with my 4yr old and my 17month old... his reply:

you need a job Really...

colditz Mon 29-May-06 10:29:44

Working, as usual. he is a chef, he can't help it, but it does jack me off.

He will be too tired to do anything with the three year old later, so I will have to do something active.

Pruni Mon 29-May-06 10:29:51

Message withdrawn

unicorn Mon 29-May-06 10:30:27

miaou has the best idea - get a friend around for your ds, and a pal for you, then they can bug each other, and you can drink coffee and have a good moan.

(you're also feeling ill so things are always a million times worse when you're ill)

Miaou Mon 29-May-06 10:33:35

<preen>

colditz Mon 29-May-06 11:15:17

Nobody fancies it, I have phoned round. I would do an expedition to a field with a ball but it's tipping.

Arrrrrgghhh

I am so fed up of hearing "wantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwant!"

unicorn Mon 29-May-06 11:37:09

dare I suggest a... soft play area (hoe= HELL ON EARTH)(aaargggggghhhhh)

Rhubarb Mon 29-May-06 11:47:21

Is there a toddler group running nearby?
Drive to a soft play area like unicorn suggested.
Give him an newspaper to rip up.
Dried pasta and any other dried food stuffs for pouring in and out of buckets, jars etc.
In the bath for a splash and play.
Make a tent with 2 chairs and a blanket.
Video (with headphones).
Go to the bbc website for a list of kiddy activity ideas.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: