Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Does this describe your child?

(16 Posts)
juuule Sat 27-May-06 19:07:27

CHILD

Not too sure about the ADD,ADHD,Aspergers statement / comments.

waterfalls Sat 27-May-06 19:16:53

?????????? Those supposed sympoms relate to every child I have ever known, for example, dont all children cry when they are hurt, dont most children fight with siblings etc etc.

fairyfly Sat 27-May-06 19:19:04

ewwwwwwww, thats made me ill, how very very sweet and hippyish.

nicnack2 Sat 27-May-06 19:19:06

waterfalls Sat 27-May-06 19:19:24

Grumpy when ill????????????? WTF

WelshBoris Sat 27-May-06 19:20:06

It is tounge in cheek waterfalls

waterfalls Sat 27-May-06 19:23:53

Ooooooooooooh

tamula Sat 27-May-06 19:27:54

thats not real though is it? Its a wind-up. CHILD indeed!

cosleeping - yeah right, for how long exactly?

carrying in the first years - oooh, my aching back

breastfeeding with child-led weaning - child-led weaning? uh-huh, so if little timmy wants booby till he is 7 thats ok?

eye contact - we all do this

gentle touch and hugs - we all do this

respectful listening - and this

undivided attention - at times

validation of feelings - and this

empathy - surely all mothers have this

trust - goes without saying

avoidance of punishment - well be blooming good then.

natural learning - as opposed to unnaturallearning? which would be what exactly?

Xavielli Sat 27-May-06 19:39:34

Mmhmm.... I definatly have a CHILD in stage 1 and another CHILD in stage 2

WelshBoris Sat 27-May-06 19:41:59

tamula its tongue in cheek

tamula Sat 27-May-06 19:42:42

I can see that Welshy!!

morningpaper Sat 27-May-06 19:47:19

hmm very similar to DH Syndrome

Elibean Sat 27-May-06 21:15:40

morningpaper

QE Sat 27-May-06 21:18:20

Piss take, right?

SaintGeorge Sat 27-May-06 21:21:35

Yes piss take, although the rest of the site is serious.

Agree with juule about the ADD,ADHD comment in the header though.

eggybreadandbeans Sat 27-May-06 22:25:23

Yep, that's our son. And everyone's kids.

Have been to this site before. Some beautiful stuff on there - and all promoting extended co-sleeping, breastfeeding, etc. Great if you can do it ...

Was a bit worried before Christmas about son being hyperactive, and found the most encouraging article on the web on this site. They really do believe ADD isn't real - sounds implausible, but less so after reading the following (and other) article(s): http://www.naturalchild.org/guest/john_breeding.html

(BTW the unnatural learning refers to "unschooling" - kids learning at home, at their pace, rather than going to school; something else the site promotes.)

I think all the stuff they list as cures for these CHILD symptoms are great if you can do it, but I do tend to come away from this site sometimes with a feeling of utter inadequacy. Undivided attention?! That's the toughest for me at the moment, especially after a recent house move with lots of boxes to unpack and an unsettled toddler in tow. Impossible. How can you do the dishes and tidy up and unpack and simultaneously give undivided attention to your toddler? Attempted to do all this this morning and had son playing up before 9am due to lack of attention

Also, we're attempting co-sleeping at the moment with ds (nearly 2), after sleep became crap after the move. We've gone from him sleeping 11 hours contentedly in his own bed, to him not settling without us, settling at all hours, and waking in the night. He's up running around as I type - unheard of a month ago! - and I'm giving him next to no, never mind undivided, attention right now, except to tell him off. The worst parenting, I know . Am just desperate for some "me" time (dp is out tonight) - but there doesn't seem room for it with this ideal kind of parenting.

So yes, reckon this kind of parenting reads like the best; wouldn't argue with that. Just think you have to be a selfless saint to be able to do it to the full. Not me

Interesting stuff ...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: