Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

terrifed of grandad

(4 Posts)
gingernutlover Fri 26-May-06 19:02:22

dd 8 months SCREAMS and shakes and goes all weird whenever she sees my dad, she doesn't do this to anyone else we know. is there anything I can do about it as he is beginning to get upset about it.

Xavielli Fri 26-May-06 19:28:46

Is he tall? I remember thinking my GD was really scarey but my mum says he was the most placid man in the world

EvesMama Fri 26-May-06 19:30:54

dd did this with my mum until she was about 18 months old?..looked after her one night, mum rang to say she wouldnt stop crying after we left and it went from there???
they are fine together now though..weird isnt it?

brimfull Fri 26-May-06 19:35:02

my ds was/is like this with my mum.She is heartbroken about it as she lives in Canada and visits once a year ,so any time with him is precious.It has improved a lot ,he's 3.5 .My parents are coming next month so I'm praying he's better this time.
I don't think there is anything you can do about it,just let it run it's course and don't push the matter.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: