Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

what newborn present for third child?

(13 Posts)
brimfull Fri 26-May-06 15:37:12

it's the second boy

brimfull Fri 26-May-06 19:41:30

bump

TicTacsMum Fri 26-May-06 19:48:47

I posted something similar and a lot of people suggested books as the parents would be sick of reading the ones they already have.

Californifrau Fri 26-May-06 19:51:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TicTacsMum Fri 26-May-06 19:53:03

Or a Hoopy Loopy toy. DD is nearly 6 months and she has a hoopy loopy tiny giraffe. It has come everywhere with us for ages now. The hoops make it really easy to grasp and keep a hold of and the ears seem to be nipple sized so she loves to suck them!!! Must put it in the wash again

Hope this works, can't do links.

http://www.justjellycat.co.uk/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=209

glassofwine Fri 26-May-06 20:13:53

They'l be gratefull you bothered, we didn't get many gifts for the thrid one.

LeahE Fri 26-May-06 20:30:57

We got a box of little things for a friend in a similar position -- a couple of books, an "Elvis for Babies" CD, a pair of socks and a rattly soft toy.

brimfull Fri 26-May-06 21:01:50

great suggestions thanks,love the jellycats

AngelaD Mon 29-May-06 18:08:19

I agree they'll be grateful you bought anything, most people didn't bother at all with our third, not even for her Christening :-(

lilibet Mon 29-May-06 18:20:34

If they don't have a lot of family close by what about something small for the baby, some cinema gift vouchers and an offer of babysitting

I would have really appreciated that after ds2 was born!

Bobalina Mon 29-May-06 18:35:37

There is a charming book by Sam McBratney called, "You're All My Favourites." I bought a special boxed edition for my friend who recently had her third child. The story is specifically about the third child coming along and all the children wondering who was the favourite.

cod Mon 29-May-06 18:49:49

Message withdrawn

cod Mon 29-May-06 18:50:11

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: