Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

getting your child to sort out their own problems ?!

(2 Posts)
geekgrrl Fri 26-May-06 10:53:33

What do you think? How do you decide whether your child should sort problems at school out themselves or with your help?
I'm pondering this because dd1 - who is 6 and in Y2 - has repeated mentioned that the girl next to her in class constantly disturbs her by talking, and will not stop even when dd asks her to. This has been going on for a while and I've left it, hoping dd would deal with it herself - i.e. tell her (very nice) teacher. She hasn't, and it's becoming a real problem, so I had a quick word with her teacher this morning. I felt like a bit of a lemon though, I don't want to come across as Mrs Interfering Parent. But OTOH dd is only 6... (I keep saying this....'oh, she's only 2..3..4..5..6' will I still be doing it when she's 'only 25'?)

fattiemumma Fri 26-May-06 10:55:56

i think you did the right thing. although this girl may disturb your DD she may also be her friend and she doesn't want to get her in trouble.

im 26 and still wait for mum and dad to sort stuff for me lol

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: