Talk

Advanced search

Would you put your little girl in this?

(11 Posts)
nappyaddict Mon 27-May-13 17:47:17

If so from what age?

Rainbow tutu

I think at this age it is utterly ridiculous, but not sure what age I would.

Hulababy Mon 27-May-13 17:50:21

DD had a couple of tutu net type skirts at one stage, though not rainbow coloured. Think she had a pink one and a purple one. She was probably more 4-6 year age range though at time. And was of an age where she saw them and requested one.

Smartiepants79 Mon 27-May-13 17:52:20

Not before they are walking.
They look horribly scratchy and uncomfortable.
Ok for 2+

BedHog Mon 27-May-13 17:52:24

When they can walk I guess. A tutu should always be worn with wellies or clompy boots though!

I prefer tutus which are a bit longer in the top layers though, and with a softer, more drapy net. The one you linked to is a bit round for my taste, it reminds me of those net things that old people use to scrub themselves!

MrsLettuce Mon 27-May-13 17:55:06

The baby is almost certainly wearing it just for the photoshoot [hhm] It's clearly not bothering her though.

Was happy for DD to have dressing up clothes as soon as she was interested so probably from about 3, I think. Shes often allowed out in public as a tiger or whatever. Certainly would have gone for rainbow over pink.

Not quite sure what the problem is TBH!!

surroundedbyblondes Mon 27-May-13 17:56:08

I bought DD1 a rainbow tutu when she was 4. She had a rainbow-themed birthday party and wore it for that. It has had a lot of use for dressing up since!

Tinkerisdead Mon 27-May-13 17:58:20

I made my dd2 a rainbow tutu for her first birthday. She could walk. I also made one for the cake!

nappyaddict Mon 27-May-13 17:58:48

I definitely would around 2 as my son was interested in dressing up things then.

Not sure about the 9-24 month age range when they are just toddling.

MrsLettuce Mon 27-May-13 17:58:54

DD was given this as a birthday present. Is softer drapey tulle. I'd no idea it was so pricey though blush Had indeed been amazed at the quality.

MrsLettuce Mon 27-May-13 18:00:05

I think a 9 - 24 month old would be more than cpable of shreading such a skirt if they objected to wearing it.

morethanpotatoprints Mon 27-May-13 18:01:30

There is something not right looking about the baby wearing the red one.
the rainbow one is not what i would choose but can see how some might for fancy dress or party for 1 -2 yr olds.
My dd had dozens from about 2 yrs old to present as she does ballet shows and has beautiful tutus. They cost enough, so the latest ones come out for fancy dress. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now