Talk

Advanced search

Bouncy chair

(12 Posts)
LittleJack15 Mon 27-May-13 12:35:57

How long can you leave a 10 week old in a bouncy chair?
smilesmile

Fairylea Mon 27-May-13 12:38:56

Till they get fed up smile ... babies tend to let you know when they've had enough of something!

LittleJack15 Mon 27-May-13 12:57:03

But is it alright for their back if they stay in there for a a few hours?
smilesmile

Vividmemories Mon 27-May-13 14:28:24

Probably not - car seat guidance is maximum two hours so stick to that.

poocatcherchampion Mon 27-May-13 16:27:13

can they stay awake a few hours at that age? and food and a clean nappy too?

Fairylea Mon 27-May-13 19:13:41

To be honest I wouldn't worry too much... people bang on about baby wearing, keeping them in slings most of the time. A few hours in a bouncy chair won't do any harm. Just ensure they have a good kick about on a play mat too. My ds had terrible reflux and our doctor actually said it was fine for him to sleep in the bouncy chair at night for his 2-3 hour stretches as it was the only way he would sleep. I'm not saying everyone should do that, just what we personally were told. It worked for us.

I'd aim to get one that reclines well or isn't as upright as some... we had the fisher price jungle one, I think it's still on kiddiecare. The vibrating thing worked well too.

CreatureRetorts Mon 27-May-13 19:28:33

A few hours?! What about feeding, nappy change etc?

NomDeClavier Mon 27-May-13 19:30:29

Depends what kind of bouncy chair you have. Some are much better for posture than others!

Fairylea Mon 27-May-13 19:50:31

Well ds would quite happily doze in his for 2-3 hours when very little after a feed and a nappy change! I'd often bounce him with my foot while eating dinner and he would sit and watch etc. smile

robyn2 Mon 27-May-13 22:01:15

The bouncy chair was a god send for us!!!! I didnt even think about the time issues to be honest? Baby had reflux, colic for a number of weeks so it was also her cot for about 8 weeks as that was the only place she was happy and comfortable to settle. In the daytime i made sure she spent a lot of time in her baby gym between cuddles feeds and changes. Id go with what makes you both happier dont compromise this with advise and so called instuctions. Also recommend the Fisher Price jungle bouncy chair with vibrating setting, brilliant!!!

LittleJack15 Tue 28-May-13 08:38:22

Thank you for replies. I put him in it the other day and he fell asleep and I left him for an hour. He was still a sleep and felt mean when I took him out and it woke him up.
smilesmile

silverangel Tue 28-May-13 12:46:58

Reflux twins practically lived in their bouncy chairs - no ill effects, in fact they saved my sanity!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now