Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

anyone else have 2 boys with a 3 yr age gap?

(29 Posts)
Californifrau Wed 24-May-06 17:38:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

blueteddy Wed 24-May-06 17:51:48

Message withdrawn

mrsbang Wed 24-May-06 18:03:04

No (a friend has though). I've got 3 boys with a two year age gap instead (they're now 11, 9 and 7 so I think a bit older than yours).

Often feels like I've got a mature older child with younger twins as the younger two often go through stages together, they get on extremely well (or fight like cat and dog).

They are very very very noisy, whether playing or fighting.

ssd Wed 24-May-06 18:11:55

I've got 2 boys with 2yrs and 10 months between them!
Now they are aged 5 and 8 yrs it's getting a lot easier as they play together well, sometimes it's great and other times it's yelling!

Hope you enjoy yours!

popsycal Wed 24-May-06 18:12:26

I have a 2 year 7 month age gap
ds1 is almost 4 and ds2 is 15 months.....I coul dhave written your post!!!!
they dont bicker yet but are like a pair of whirlwinds
and very loud ones at that

Californifrau Wed 24-May-06 18:26:45

blueteddy Wed 24-May-06 18:27:35

Message withdrawn

singersgirl Wed 24-May-06 18:31:04

Mine are 3 years and 2 weeks apart, turning 5 and 8 in August. Oh, the noise! The noise! The noise! Dr. Who is the big source of wittering here. There is altogether too much testosterone in this household, and too much bear-cub like wrestling. I am a wispy female who likes to read "Anne of Green Gables" for pleasure and can't understand this desire to biff each other all the time.

They are no quieter now, but the wittering is more comprehensible at least.

Alipiggie Wed 24-May-06 18:47:18

I think it's a boy thing. Mine are only 18mnths apart and boy are they LOUD too . Apparently to quote someone, you never know what it's like to be a mother until you're one to two boys. ds1 is 4 and ds2 nearly 3. I sympathise I really do.

popsycal Wed 24-May-06 18:49:56

so it gets worse then.....

LittleMerlin Wed 24-May-06 18:57:47

Definitely a boy thing I think - they just can't be quiet!!! My two are 5 1/2 and 13 mths and the younger one has now started beating up his big brother - any opportunity he will grab his hair and pinch his arm!!!

Pfer Wed 24-May-06 19:09:08

Mine are 2.9 apart and hell are they loud! From morning till night it's constant. Sometimes they play together - loudly, the rest of the time they're fighting - loudly. It's never ending isn't it? By about 8am my heads throbbing and I just want them to just be quiet for 5 minutes while I try to eat some breakfast. If they actually did as they were asked sometimes as well it'd be nice - perhaps I'm hoping for too much with that though?

AnnieSG Wed 24-May-06 19:19:42

Mine have four year gap, and it's only now, at 3 and 7, that there is any possibility at all of any playing together. They get very physicaly very quickly and like you say, LOUD. Usually someone is in tears after ten minutes and not always the little one!

Pfer Wed 24-May-06 19:21:37

AnnieSG, I've noticed that it's rare that my little one ends up crying....he uses weapons to get DS1!!! Cars, blocks, books, shoes, fists, cups, remote controls, anything within reach.

Rach69 Wed 24-May-06 19:24:49

Mine are now 12 1/2 and 10 and it's still like that! the best of friends and the worst of enemies. They will get better when they make their own friends and especially when they start school.

NotQuiteCockney Wed 24-May-06 19:25:10

Mine are 3 years less two days apart! 1.5 and 4.5 now, more or less.

They're very loud, but I don't really mind that. They do generally have separate rooms.

And right now, they're sitting in DS1's bed, together, in the loft, having a quiet play alone before bed. Like they do every night. They're very sweet together, and mostly quite nice.

FrannyandZooey Wed 24-May-06 19:26:51

I can vouch for NQC's boys being extremely nice and getting on very well together

NotQuiteCockney Wed 24-May-06 19:31:35

Oh, yes, you saw them in fine form. They're mostly really quite nice to each other. Even if they do frighten Franny's DS with their antics.

AnnieSG Wed 24-May-06 19:38:59

Pfer, yes, same here. The little one has fewer boundaries and will come up to DS1 wielding some huge blunt instrument and smiling as he whacks his brother round the head!

Californifrau Wed 24-May-06 19:40:51

fullmoonfiend Wed 24-May-06 19:46:13

Calinfornifrau - Snap! 3 years gap (5.5 and 8.5) best friends, totally inseperable but it *always * ends in tears. 5 times a day...

FrannyandZooey Wed 24-May-06 21:31:23

NQC, ds was just in sheer awe of their boyness. He didn't have a clue what to do to join in

deegward Wed 24-May-06 21:33:23

Blueteddy, i have 6 & 3 year old as well both born in March within, 17 days of each other. Love having two boys (now!), have to though as had hyster.

SoupDragon Wed 24-May-06 21:34:30

Ignoring BabyDragon, I have 2 boys 2 years apart and yes, it's loud. They fight, they bicker but I watched them at a tennis lesson and they had to choose a partner to tidy up with. DS2 said (loudly) "I pick DS1 because he's my brother!" Sigh

IlanaK Wed 24-May-06 21:40:35

Mine are also just about 3 years apart. One is about to turn 2 and the other is about to turn 5. They have always got on very well together and play well, but I too have noticed lately that the volume levels are enormous! And although they get on well together, there are numerous times a day that end in tears.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: