Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

6 month DS not keeping milk or food down.

(3 Posts)
Mummytobee2012 Sun 26-May-13 17:49:20

My son is 6 months, and is not keeping solids or milk down. We know he has some form of allergy, tried that special prescription milk, which hasn't helped. The pediatric dietitian is seeing him on the 27th of June (her 'earliest' appointment) he's not been keeping all his food down but lately he's just not keeping ANYTHING down at all, he's not dehydrated but he is grouchy and hungry, but i don't know what i can give him! The health visitor isn't on duty till Tuesday, help please? 1 very worried 17 year old mother!

monikar Sun 26-May-13 18:51:47

Is he taking any fluids at all? You need to be careful of him becoming dehydrated. Has he had a wet nappy? Is his soft spot sunken?

I would ring out-of hours gp - ring your usual gp number and it will give you an out-of hours number to call. You give your son's details and a doctor will call you straight back and be able to advise you as to what you should do.

Good luck, it is horrible when they are ill.

mummytopoppy1 Sun 26-May-13 19:51:13

poor you and DS. I also have a 6 month old - she was very poorly a few weeks ago, and a GP advised me, in order to keep her hydrated and get her to eat a little bit, to offer her frequent watered down milk feeds. So if he normally has 6 oz, put 3 or 4 oz in 6 oz of water and see if he can keep that down. Also, to stop every ounce or so and give it a chance to go down.

I'm no doctor, but just passing on what I was advised. I would also ring out of hours GP or try nhs direct (111) and a doctor will call you back and give you some advice and reassure you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now