Talk

Advanced search

Calpol every night?

(4 Posts)
wibblyjelly Fri 24-May-13 15:07:25

DS is 8 months old, and the past 2 nights, has woken up at 10pm in tears. I suspect teething. The first night I just tried to get him back to sleep, but he would wake up each time I pout him down. In the end, we gave him calpol, as he was so out of sorts. Within minutes, he was asleep, and slept through till morning, as per normal. Last night, the same thing happened, so we gave calpol again. How many nights am I able to continue giving him calpol?

Rockchick1984 Fri 24-May-13 16:19:25

I think the bottle advises no more than 3 days but you will have to check. If you think it's teething related have you tried other options such as anbesol rather than immediately using calpol?

DorisShutt Fri 24-May-13 16:24:50

We had this issue with DS.

I took DS to the GP (PFB much?!) as we'd got to the 3 days and I'd convinced myself that I couldn't give him anymore blush

The GP was very understanding and said that it was only if it was three days of full doses that we should worry; and DS' settled at about 4 days.

I found the calgel stuff was better than most alternatives - it was recommended by the chemist.

wibblyjelly Fri 24-May-13 16:27:50

Thank you. I've got some teething granules, so will try that tonight if he wakes up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now