Talk

Advanced search

Germs

(9 Posts)
LittleJack15 Sun 19-May-13 08:43:41

I was going to put on to she if I was a freck!
I've got a little 9 week old and we live on a small holding with dogs, horses, sheep and chickens. Which before pregnant I would mess with all the time with my mum. My dogs would sleep with me.
But since little chap has come I worry to much about everything. I wash my hand constantly. But then I think to myself how do farmers wife cope and think I'm way over the top.
Can I have other people opinion please?
smilesmile

LittleJack15 Sun 19-May-13 08:48:24

And I'm breastfeeding him.
smilesmile

Eskino Sun 19-May-13 09:01:14

What a brilliant upbringing for a little chap!

I can understand your worry as you have a new little one but I'm sure the normal hand washing ritual you have will Be enough. You was you hands after dealing with the animals don't you? Then he'll be fine smile

Eskino Sun 19-May-13 09:03:25

I mean you wash not was smile

LittleJack15 Sun 19-May-13 10:32:42

I'm a bit over the top I wash them about 20 times!!
smilesmile

Droflove Sun 19-May-13 17:14:40

Just be careful with cat and dog poo. Also I think you can relax the hand washing as time goes by and baby gets stronger. But I would limit the dogs in his (your) sleeping room! I just don't think it's great to over expose them to all that animal hair so young, it would be a nightmare moor him to develop an allergy to animal hair. Keep his sleeping areas pet free as much as possible. Lucky boy, I adore animals and would kill for a small holding environment to bring up my little Jack!

LittleJack15 Sun 19-May-13 17:23:22

Yea haven't had little dogs in my room since little chap born.
smilesmile

plipplops Mon 20-May-13 21:57:31

I think it's great for them to be exposed to a bit of muck, would agree with pp to be careful about cat and dog poo (and make sure you're good bout hand washing around food etc).

k2togm1 Mon 20-May-13 22:48:56

It's well known that children who grow up on farms have a much stronger immune system. It's all good, unless its poo. Careful with the washing though, he needs some dirt too! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now