Talk

Advanced search

Nappies similar to Huggies??

(19 Posts)
Mummabubbles Sat 18-May-13 22:31:39

Have used Huggies for 8wo dd (stocked up during pregnancy!) used the last of them last week. They were fantastic and never let any explosive breastmilk poops leak!! Now using pampers and they leak (poo not wee) almost every time, so much so that clothes are being ruined and people are scared to hold her! Need to find nappies that work like Huggies, tried sainsburys and boots so far with limited success (although both more successful than pampers....)

lollipoppi Sat 18-May-13 22:37:26

Can you not just carry in buying the huggies?
Sainsburys nappies are not great, but I've been using asda little angels, and had no leaks with them x

Plentyoffish Sat 18-May-13 22:40:41

I second Asda little Angels they are fab!

You can get 100 nappies for £10 atm so great value too grin

Sirzy Sat 18-May-13 22:42:16

Have you looked at costco online to get huggies? Or amazon?

superram Sat 18-May-13 22:42:16

Lidl they are on special too at the moment.

Mummabubbles Sun 19-May-13 01:32:17

They have stopped selling Huggies here for some reason, still selling pull up pants but not nappies. Will try asda .

Episode Sun 19-May-13 01:48:34

Lidl, lidl, lidl!!!!

They are identical yet half the price!

I've tried asda, sainsburys, tesco, pampers etc! I'm not fussed as my nappy wearer is soon to be out of them but I've always noted the similarity of lidl nappies and pampers!!!

Episode Sun 19-May-13 01:49:48

And Huggies!!! Too much wine grin

adagio Sun 19-May-13 01:52:39

Home Bargains were selling old stocks of Huggies last week round here (S Wales).

I found Sainsbury's seemed similar (flap at the top of the back) albeit it slower to absorb. Little Angels newborn seemed more akin to Pampers Newborn in style to me; not tried the bigger sizes at Asda yet. Pampers Baby Dry are a different fit to Newborn have you experimented with them yet?

coffeeandcream Sun 19-May-13 01:57:08

Try Tesco's own newborn, in a yellow packet, we thought they were great. Currently using Cheeky Bots which are good, but don't last the whole night so DS always needs a change halfway thru the night

ThePippy Sun 19-May-13 14:46:20

I heard that Costco would continue to sell huggies as they are planning to source from th US.

MiaowTheCat Sun 19-May-13 18:04:16

Last time I was in Toys R Us they were trying to shift remaining Huggies stock.

We tend to use a mixture of Kiddicare ones (sadly no more since they don't do a size 6 which is what DD1 needs), Tesco and Asda if we're there.

whatsoever Sun 19-May-13 18:29:43

Home Bargains here still seem to have tons of them in, despite everywhere else having sold out now.

I found Boots quite similar to Huggies but sounds like you've not found them too good? We used Asda Little Angels for a while but they started to gape on DS' back (he must have grown a different shape!) so we've swapped to Sainsbury's Little Ones.

He is having explosive poos that nothing could contain at the moment though - a combination of swapping to formula & eating more solids having the opposite effect to that in most babies shock

HadALittleFaithBaby Sun 19-May-13 20:37:12

The reason you're struggling to find them is they are being discontinued. I'd suggest Lidl as well.

annbenoli Sun 19-May-13 21:32:11

It has taken me three children to discover that Aldi nappies are the best

MamaBear17 Sun 19-May-13 21:35:10

Huggies are the only nappy to ensure DD sleeps through. I have just bought a huge box from Costco.

sharond101 Sun 19-May-13 21:48:51

aldi nappies are great and I was a Huggies user before trying them. They are a super price too at £4.49 per pack. Slighty smaller size wise than Huggies I have found. Homebargains near me had boxes of Huggies too.

Smudging Sun 19-May-13 22:03:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dina75 Mon 20-May-13 12:52:07

I used to love Huggies and was gutted to hear they were stopping. I am now using Tescos own... Half the price and much kinder on my little girl's bum (she is 6 months). I'm actually glad now that Huggies are discontinued, as I would never have switched otherwise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now