Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Angelcare baby monitor

(10 Posts)
Kafri Fri 17-May-13 20:58:10

Hi,

this may seem like a silly question but just want to check before I purchase.

Can you use it as a standard monitor once baby is moving around more and the sensor pad becomes unreliable as it's more difficult to detect baby once they move off it.

I've found historic forums that say yes but just wanted to check this was still the case.

TIA

rosieposey Fri 17-May-13 21:02:27

Hi, i had one of these but didnt like that fact that it only worked when the baby was on it.

I bought a Snuza Halo (around £70) and it clips on the baby's nappy so can be used at all times when the baby is asleep (in a car seat, pram ect) much better idea imho than worrying about whether the mat is working properly under the baby.

If you do use the Angelcare i think you can use it as a standard monitor too (pretty sure i did anyway) hth smile

Caitycat Fri 17-May-13 21:04:22

Yes you can, there are different modes and I am now using mine without the sensor as a normal monitor.

StitchAteMySleep Fri 17-May-13 21:10:15

Yes, you can. You can increase the sensitivity to ensure that your baby's movements are picked up (back of nursery unit). I have had mine 4 years now, still working with sensor pad in a cot bed for dd2 (nearly 16 months).

minipie Sat 18-May-13 22:33:43

yes. we have never used the sensor pad (waste of money that was!) and it works fine as a normal monitor.

lifesobeautiful Sat 18-May-13 23:40:16

Yes absolutely. Still using ours and our DS is 2.8. We stopped using the movement pad as soon as he started moving about. This is a great monitor!

mummy2benji Sun 19-May-13 19:50:24

Yes you can. I bought one for dd2 as my old BT one that I used for ds1 broke, and I can't recommend it enough. A fab monitor! I found Amazon had the best deals on them when purchasing.

Kafri Sun 19-May-13 20:19:03

Hi again,

Thanks for all the replies guys, i've ordered one off amazon as it was £10 quid cheaper and i'm all for a bargain. I just had to resist the 'I want it now' urge! Had an email today saying it had been despatched so shouldn't be long...

I have a motarola set at the minute which seems a bit hit and miss really and since I bought them, I kinda wished i'd bought the angelcare ones.

Not sure how much use i'll get from the mat - he's only 5 months but I find him in all kinds of positions in the mat so not sure how effective the mat part will be but i'd heard the monitors were good and they get good reviews. Didn't want to waste money on getting them if I can't use the mat and I couldn't use the monitors without the mat.
though I guess they'd be a bit pointless if you couldn't use them as monitors only given all babies must move about the cot at some point or other

Smartiepants79 Sun 19-May-13 20:21:43

We never used our mat, ever. I think at 5 months the mat is already a bit defunct.
It is a good monitor though!

MulberryJane Sun 19-May-13 20:21:52

Yep, we used just the monitor during the day and then the sensor pad at night with the Moses basket. Now we use the pad and monitor when he'd in his cot. Just being able to see the pendulum working on the monitor gives me great piece of mind and the monitor itself can detect just movement even without the pad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now