Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Muslin squares

(12 Posts)
KatieB Mon 22-May-06 00:46:03

My ds's bedtime comforter is his 'muzzy', one of those smallish muslin squares that John Lewis sells. The problem is he only likes what he calls the 'soft' ones (maybe because they're a fine weave/thread), and JL appears to have stopped selling this type in favour of the larger, coarser version (well, the woman at the Oxford Circus branch told me yesterday that they had).
Does anyone have any idea where I might be able to get the soft ones? I've tried Mothercare but it's the same story. We're down to our last grey, torn, germ-ridden muzzy and I dread to think how we'll cope if ds loses it. Help, please!

Californifrau Mon 22-May-06 02:37:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

aviatrix Mon 22-May-06 12:59:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tommy Mon 22-May-06 13:26:10

we had this problem too! DS2 took to using an old cot sheet instead - much softer than the muslins. Fortunately we have 4 of them

moondog Mon 22-May-06 13:28:37

At least muslin squares are cheap!
My ds has a passionate attachment to an expensive pair of hand crafted felt baby shoes (£20 a pair)
Had to buy another pair for back up.

sniff Tue 23-May-06 16:21:44

Asda had some the other day they were really soft

sarahlou1uk Tue 23-May-06 20:39:13

My ds will only have a muslin square if it's been in the tumble dryer! This makes them very soft, even the ones from Mothercare.

lulabelle Tue 23-May-06 21:19:39

my ds has one too which also has to go in the tumble dryer but only if it has a comfort smelly sheet thing in too, that is really soft when it comes out and if it is a bounce sheet or a tesco, etc one he won't have it!! honestly though, these sheets make them very very soft, you may get away with it as a last resort.x

Rhubarb Tue 23-May-06 21:24:09

Prostrate! Yeah that's a good one!
Don't think the Muslims would be too happy if you used them to mop up sick though somehow!

Rhubarb Tue 23-May-06 21:24:38

Ooops! Wrong thread! Kind of! Sorry!

EmmaKB Tue 23-May-06 21:36:54

Marks & Spencer used to do soft ones.

KatieB Tue 23-May-06 23:52:58

Hooray - thanks all! Am off to check out M&S, ASDA and Spirit of Nature.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: