Talk

Advanced search

Separation

(2 Posts)
Harry19 Tue 14-May-13 18:52:18

Hi, just looking for advice if possible, I'm not the biological father of my 4 yr old but I have been a part of her life since she was 2 weeks old. She knows me as Daddy which I am. Me and her Mum have recently split, at first it was good, set days, nights etc but now because she is playing up for her (which we were both trying to address together) she is not allowing access as she is blaming me for being to soft with her so when she goes home she plays up! I discipline her when needed as I always have, never really shout but take toys away etc if she doesn't listen! I don't spoil her nor reward her if naughty. She has always been a happy girl and it is obviously the relationship breakup, me and her Mum have looked into this and started to follow the advised steps, until access has been denied now after an argument with her Mum.

Basically if we can't sort this out between ourselves does any one know if I have any parental rights regarding access and life decisions for our daughter through out her life as I'm not the biological father?

Thanks

ItsOkayItsJustMyBreath Tue 14-May-13 19:59:27

So sorry you're having a hard time. This website has some good information that might steer you in the right direction but, and I have no experience in this so please don't take it as read, I don't think you have any rights unless you have parental responsibility which you may have to apply for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now