Talk

Advanced search

Am I feeding her too much?

(4 Posts)
Notsoyummymummy1 Sun 12-May-13 20:25:30

Dd is 15 months and I've just weighed her and she's 12kg. I checked my red book and it looks like she's jumped from the 68th to the 98th centile. I feel awful now that I've been over feeding her. She doesn't look big - she has a little tummy but she is quite tall for her age so it's been a bit of a shock. We are due to take her for weigh in this week and I feel sick with nerves at what they are going to say. She has three meals a day and a couple of milks - she has a pudding every day at tea time but it's usually a yoghurt type thing and she gets a treat pudding once a week. Sometimes she has snacks - either biscuit or fruit. Am I really doing things so wrong?!

noblegiraffe Sun 12-May-13 20:27:27

If she's tall, it could be that she's on the 98th centile for height which would make being on the 98th centile for weight perfect.

Svrider Sun 12-May-13 20:42:47

Yy you need to look at how tall she is too!
Have a word with your HV before making any changes
Her diet sounds fine btw
Does she get plenty if excercise?

Notsoyummymummy1 Sun 12-May-13 21:43:46

She has bags of energy and is always running around so I guess that's why she has a big appetite! Thanks for the advice will see what the hv says :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now