Talk

Advanced search

Toys for 18 month old

(10 Posts)
LittleMonster100 Sat 11-May-13 23:08:57

What toys can anyone recommend for an 18 month old? She's seems to have outgrown all her "baby" toys.

Space is very limited so nothing too big would be ideal.

Thank you.

PoppyWearer Sat 11-May-13 23:17:20

My DC2 is 20mo and plays with:

Puzzles

Happyland/Little People

Duplo

Megabloks

A ball

Cars

Trains - wooden Brio-style

Toy animals (there are the soft-touch ones that come in various sets from Amazon, farm animals, zoo animals, dinosaurs)

Free toys from "In the Night Garden" comics

Dolls house and garage (belong to his big sister).

Still a shape sorter and stacking cups. Although less than before.

He also enjoys DVDs and iPad/iPhone apps.

LittleMonster100 Sat 11-May-13 23:24:01

Thank you poppy we have megablvks but lik the toy animal suggestion and cars/trains.

Jojobump1986 Sat 11-May-13 23:26:07

My 18mo loves stacking rings, shape sorters, books, xylophone, books, puzzles, books...! Also balloons, balls & anything he can pretend is a steering wheel!

I could do with some ideas for new toys too - DS2 is due in a few weeks & we're planning to have DS1 around during the labour (homebirth) & could do with some exciting new things to occupy him so he doesn't get bored!

mikkii Sat 11-May-13 23:29:50

My dd2 took over the tea set at this age. There s one made by (I think fisher price) or this one which we have with a cute tea pot sugar bowl and couple of cups www.amazon.co.uk/Summer-Infant-Tub-Time-Tea/dp/B001M2DBEW

cassell Sat 11-May-13 23:31:51

Out of the toys that ds1 had at 18mths the favourites and the ones that he will still play with now (at 4yo) and ds2 (12mths) plays with are the wooden train set - a battery operated train to go on the track is good at 18mths as it's hard for them to pull the train around on the track properly. And the toy kitchen - I know you said nothing big but the one we have is reasonably compact and it really has had the best play value out of anything the Dcs have got. Oh and this is and was very popular.

MortifiedAdams Sat 11-May-13 23:33:07

ooh yes the tea set is the most played with thing in our house at the moment. I especially love the "sip sip sip ahhhhhhh" noises grin.

Baby and buggy is in use every day.

Little bag she likes to collect things in and carry around such as stray pennies, my earrings, a dummy. All slung over her arm.

Im starting to teach her colours (just red and blue atm), so am keen on ideas for toys/activities to help this.

LittleMonster100 Sat 11-May-13 23:33:12

Ooh tea set is a god idea ...she seems to like pretend play at the moment. Thank you.

MiaowTheCat Sun 12-May-13 08:31:10

There's a fab Baby-Playmobil Noah's Ark that I think is from 18 months+ - great if you're limited on storage since the animals all go into the base of the ark and the lid clips on top. Someone bought it for us for DD1's first birthday and she's a bit young for it at the moment but enjoys chomping on Mrs Noah's legs.

PoppyWearer Sun 12-May-13 16:45:57

We have that Playmobil ark (playmobil 123) and it's fab, and a perfect carry-along toy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now