Talk

Advanced search

Summer holidays with a 1 yr old

(7 Posts)
melonribena Sat 11-May-13 22:09:26

My ds turns 1 at the end of July. Due to already having two small holidays this year and having no money, we aren't going away this summer.

Dp and I both work in education and have 6 wks off. We will still need to do work but can be flexible,

We ate trying to think of things to do with ds in the summer that hopefully don't cost the earth.

We will go to the zoo and a day trip to the beach.

Can anyone suggest any other things they've done with similar aged children or any particular outdoor toys.

Thanks in advance!

RandomMess Sat 11-May-13 22:10:31

Honestly at that age all they want is your time!

Misty9 Sat 11-May-13 22:43:42

Is he walking? If so, parks parks and more parks smile if not, parks might still work but mine never liked crawling on grass/sand.

I agree with pp, just your time works, whether that's pottering around the house or trips to the local library. Ds is 20mo now but was 10-11mo last summer and we just...pottered. Much like we do now really (but with a lot more running on my part now he's walking!)

Do stuff for you and your dh and your ds will be happy if you are.

WouldBeHarrietVane Sat 11-May-13 22:48:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MegBusset Sat 11-May-13 22:52:55

1yos don't give a hoot where they go as long as they're with you smile I would take the opportunity to go to places YOU want to go (museum? NT property? art gallery? park?) - in a few years you'll be being nagged to go to hideously expensive theme parks / soft play / other godawful places so make the most of it!

whenwilltherebegoodnews Sun 12-May-13 14:24:22

Yes definitely do what you want to do while you still have the opportunity. I would stick baby in a backpack and go for a long walk. Or museums etc and make most of naptime for concentrating on exhibits etc and having a leisurely lunch smile

specialsubject Sun 12-May-13 14:29:14

as others point out, he's 1 and couldn't care less as long as he is comfortable, fed, watered, entertained and regularly told how cute he is. :-)

make the most of it before he learns to talk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now