Talk

Advanced search

What is the worst injury your dc had ever given you?

(14 Posts)
Nicknamefail Wed 08-May-13 22:16:32

This morning while I was pretending to myself that I didn't need to get up to change 7 month old dd, she leaned over and thrust one finger inside my nose and one on the outside, grabbed and PULLED. This led to a profuse nosebleed.
Who can better this?

OddSockMonster Wed 08-May-13 22:25:19

Ouch.

Black eye and other miscellaneous bruises only, thankfully.

I know a friend has just had a fun filled trip to A&E to get a pea out of his ear, kindly placed there by their three year old.

HolyFocaccia Wed 08-May-13 22:25:50

Fractured front tooth?

Nicknamefail Wed 08-May-13 22:48:05

Ok holyfocaccia you win, at least I could fix my own nose. Hope it was still while you were getting free dentistry post babies.

SJisontheway Wed 08-May-13 22:51:30

Ripped ear lobe. Ouch

Limelight Wed 08-May-13 22:55:36

What is this apart from a torn fanjo? confused

QTPie Wed 08-May-13 23:47:32

Not me, but a friend's husband got stabbed in the eyeball by a strand of uncooked spaghetti wielded by their toddler. That required a trip to A&E too...

I get beaten up (elbows, knees, feet, fingers, headbutts) on a daily basis... DS is 3.25.

PetiteRaleuse Wed 08-May-13 23:49:20

Broken nose then a black eye a few months later thanks to restless co-sleeping toddler.

VerySmallSqueak Wed 08-May-13 23:50:43

Fat lip from a quick backwards headbutt when DD2 was a baby.

I had a bit of flesh dangling off and everything.

LaVitaBellissima Wed 08-May-13 23:56:01

Holyfoccacia I am in the same boat, what was the outcome, root canal, bridge, implant? I am in fear of costs and further pain!

I know someone whose children have broke her nose 3 times shock all accidental but still...

HolyFocaccia Thu 09-May-13 10:13:32

Its a recent injury, and for now lavita they are leaving it as it is not causing me any pain..but the moment it does they want to do root canal.

<trembles>

Thanks for nutting me, dd1..good job I love her to bits isn't it grin

rrreow Thu 09-May-13 13:25:08

Fat lip twice. Once from a headbutt and once from the corner of the iPhone (thankfully I had my mouth closed otherwise I think there would've been damage to my tooth!).

LaVitaBellissima Thu 09-May-13 14:56:01

HolyFoccacia, I have already had 3 root canals on it (not that bad honestly) but it is still uncomfortable 6 weeks later. If it does fall out I will opt for a 3k implant <cries>

MyNameIsLola Thu 09-May-13 15:00:20

Broken tooth,, cracked ribs and a broken foot. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now