Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

what are you doing on yet another cold wet weekend!?

(12 Posts)
unpaidcleaner Fri 19-May-06 20:36:00

All the kids' mates seem to be busy/away this weekend, it's crap weather again, cold & windy & wet, and we've got no money again. facing a weekend in the house going mad trying to entertain kids. What are other people doing? And will summer ever come?

chipkid Fri 19-May-06 20:37:30

have a birthday party for ds tomorrow pm. On Sunday will probably head for the coast-doesn't matter what the weather is doing as long as wrapped up warm.

expatinscotland Fri 19-May-06 20:39:12

trying to move the girls into a room w/each other - this is only a two bed flat.

they are 2.11 and 5 months and winding each other up!

summer? this is scotland. LOL!

littlerach Fri 19-May-06 20:39:31

Painting DD2's bedroom.

I think we've ad summer.

PiccadillyCircus Fri 19-May-06 20:40:46

Hoping it won't be too wet and cold as I have told DS we wil go to a steam fair thing tomorrow (he has a 2.5 year old's obsession with such things).

morningpaper Fri 19-May-06 20:41:06

Message deleted

PiccadillyCircus Fri 19-May-06 20:41:17

Summer will start in July, just as I go back to work, by the way .

PanicPants Fri 19-May-06 20:42:48

I've got to go the rugby cup final tomorrow with dp

personnally would rather stick pins in my eye but it was his birthday present.

Earlybird Fri 19-May-06 21:08:14

We'll have a lazy morning tomorrow that will include a long bath (goggles in the bath for dd so she can "swim"), and then we're invited for lunch at a friend's house. Other than that, no plans. But, in anticipation of a crap weather weekend, dd and I went to the library today and rented 3 movies for a week for £3. They have a fantastic selection, and that's a much better price than the video store. Think we'll do some baking on Sunday. Hopefully we won't climb the walls....

Posey Fri 19-May-06 21:26:03

The Moonwalk

charliecat Fri 19-May-06 21:26:52

Taking the kids to the park with our kites, perfect weather if your wrapped up well. Shopping for food on Sunday afternoon after a layabout morning and swimming lessons sunday.
Great fun!
What about making something with paper mache? a Dinosaurs volcano or something? Could papaer mache it Saturday, paint it Sunday.

expatinscotland Fri 19-May-06 21:30:46

we'll probably break out the play doh and finger paints after running some errands.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: