Talk

Advanced search

Baby vests-how long did you use them?

(23 Posts)
wibblyjelly Wed 08-May-13 11:23:43

DS is 7 months old, amend I still put a baby vest on him every morning. All my other friends who have babies the same age have stopped. I'm happy to still put a vest on ds, but just wondered at what age people stop using them. However, when the weather gets warmer, should I just put him straight unto a T-shirt and trousers?

GwendolineMaryLacey Wed 08-May-13 11:26:15

I use them on my 15mo although it's too warm at the moment (south east). Think I stopped with dd1 when she was about 2.5 and I took her out of nappies.

mrsyattering Wed 08-May-13 11:40:03

When they were out of nappies, so around 2 - 2.5

WheresMyCow Wed 08-May-13 11:42:17

DS is 2.5 and he is still wearing them...although they are 18-24 month ones and getting rather stretched on him!

He isn't potty trained yet and I suppose we will keep on using them until he is.

rrreow Wed 08-May-13 11:42:43

Still using them on DS, he's 2 (today!). We'll most likely keep using them until he's out of nappies (he can undo the velcro).

EskSmith Wed 08-May-13 11:44:57

Until potty training. Then they went into sleeveless vests, worn about 10 months of the year smile
(my girls are 4 & 6)

ItsOkayItsJustMyBreath Wed 08-May-13 12:56:34

Another 2 year old in them here, thank god he's small for his age as they are great for helping nappies stay up!

vess Wed 08-May-13 13:09:42

Probably before 6 months as they outgrow them too quickly!

MiaowTheCat Wed 08-May-13 14:45:19

DD1 is 13 months - still uses them, but as we're in 18-24 month size ones I think we'll be increasingly struggling to find them soon (I know Mothercare do 2-3 years size ones but they're a rare find). I'd prefer to be using them till potty training - more than anything else, I'd rather have a 7 for £7 vest trashed by an exploding nappy than a nice outfit.

forevergreek Wed 08-May-13 14:52:18

When potty trained, so at 2 years. I can't bare the site of nappies Poking out the top or then getting cold backs or rucked up tops.

In the summer occasionally not but usually it's cold enough in the uk and they wear a short sleeved one under t shirt all year

CreatureRetorts Wed 08-May-13 15:57:27

When we stopped nappies! If it's hot, they just have the vest and shorts (or just vest).

Pascha Wed 08-May-13 16:05:16

Just stopped wth ds1 2.5 because he doesnt want them anymore.

AprilFoolishness Wed 08-May-13 16:09:44

Thank Christ, I'm still using them at 18mo to keep nappies in place and was starting to feel like a freak!

Startail Wed 08-May-13 16:13:47

Almost never, like swaddling and snow suits they belonged to DD1s list of too hot, I'm not having it list.

She was born in mid winter and still grizzled and fussed if put in a vest.

ChunkyPickle Wed 08-May-13 16:16:40

Till he was about 18months - but not every day by then - just to keep out the drafts, then didn't bother to buy any in the next size up.

My son is a lazy toad though, and even now, at nearly 3 can't be bothered to take his own nappy off (and flat refuses to potty train, although he has perfect bladder and bowel control.. so let me amend that to lazy and stubborn toad) .

If he was a rummager, or took his nappy off then I wouldn't hesitate to keep him in them!

5madthings Wed 08-May-13 16:17:24

I used them until they were out if nappies.

Dd is 28mths and still wearing them, I have nice ones that can be worn without a top over as they look more like a T-shirt ie don't have an envelope neck and we have some long sleeved ones she wears u dear dresses or dungarees.

StiffyByng Wed 08-May-13 16:18:03

Still going at 2. John Lewis do 2-3 vests, as do M&S, and I think H&M either do that size or have long fitting vests in 18-24 months. Will keep going till potty trained as the alternative is not worth imagining!

Pobblewhohasnotoes Wed 08-May-13 17:08:10

DS still wears them at 15 months.

BrianButterfield Wed 08-May-13 17:48:24

Stopped poppered vests at 18 months - got fed up of the faff at nappy changes! Quicker is better as far as DS is concerned.

MrsRogerSterling Wed 08-May-13 21:19:05

Dd1 wore them until she was toilet trained. Dd2 is 20 months and still wearing them. They keep her nappy in place. I know it is just my opinion but I don't like seeing babies/toddlers nappies showing over their waistband. A vest keeps everything neat.

maxpower Wed 08-May-13 21:20:59

Until potty training

Poppy bottoms until 2 or just over, no poppy vests until age 6 but now she's 8 and getting mild curves we're getting 'strappy' vests for under her thinner t shirts.

Ds has been in no poppy vests since 16 months he's just too long for poppers.

CheesyPoofs Wed 08-May-13 21:24:29

Until potty training, dependent on the weather.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now