Talk

Advanced search

D Fitting Shoes?

(9 Posts)
Limy Tue 07-May-13 21:11:28

Hi, we have just had our 2 yo DD's feet measured at Clarks and were told that she is border line D/E fitting (Tbh I was a little taken back as we had her measured at an other Clarks store just 4 weeks earlier and they said she was border line E/F!), we tried on a few E fitting shoes but they were all too wide so obviously this lady had got it right. The lady in Clarks said they don't do D fitting shoes at her size (6.5 toddler) but they start doing them at size 7 or 8. Does anybody know any shops that might sell shoes in a D fit? I am temped to buy a home shoe measuring device, has anybody had experience of them? Up to now she was E fitting and they were hard enough to come by but I am guessing D fit shoes will be even harder? We are in Yorkshire. Many Thanks Limy

DIYandEatCake Tue 07-May-13 21:52:49

Have you tried startrite shoes? My 2yo dd has skinny, shallow feet (5E at the moment) and startrites fit her much better than clarks. I think you can look up stockists on their website, or google independent shoe shops near you, John Lewis stock a small range of startrites too if there's one near you. I wouldn't rely on measuring at home - I got a clarks measurer a while ago when dd was terrified of having her feet measured, the numbers it came up with vary and anyway one 6.5E shoe isn't necessarily the same as another.

WoTmania Wed 08-May-13 08:02:12

Yep - startrite - the ones with velcro bands. Do you have any little independent shoe shops near you? IME they will have something or order a shoe in and will also take ages finding a shoe and making sure it fits properly.

LifeofPo Wed 08-May-13 08:05:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Limy Wed 08-May-13 22:19:50

Thank you, we have a small independent shop in one of the little towns by us I will try them on Saturday. I think they do start rite too x

nicky2512 Wed 08-May-13 22:24:26

dd is a lot older than yours now, she is 11, but has very narrow feet. Some Clarks e with insoles fitted her in the past but I found some of the Spanish makes like Agatha ruiz de la prada to be much narrower.

ScienceRocks Wed 08-May-13 22:28:38

My DD has really narrow feet. I go to an independent children's shoe shop and she tries on loads of pairs but we always come back to a brand called Primigi. Fortunately they are lovely, hard wearing and while expensive do not mean I have to sacrifice a kidney.

chattychattyboomba Wed 08-May-13 22:31:11

Yes i agree- startright. Most of their toddler shoes come in various widths. The first step/ toddler shoes go up to a 6.5.

edwardsmum11 Thu 09-May-13 01:35:21

Startrite.... I had a b fitting as a child and could only wear their shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now