Talk

Advanced search

baby waking after 1st sleep cycle

(5 Posts)
allchik Tue 07-May-13 19:52:14

Hi,4m dd has just recentley started waking after first sleep cycle during t day and night.
Its not a huge concern as at night I just leave her n she goes bk to sleep within 10mins (doesnt cry) in t day it can be more tricky as she wnt always go bk to sleep and is then cranky all day! Really she needs a gd 2hr kip late morn n then a short nap later in t afternoon.
Would just welcome similar stories,as its a recent change its unsettled me slightly!thanks smile

GiveMeVegemite Tue 07-May-13 20:55:43

Hi, can't really help, but wanted you to know you're not alone. My DS would wake after 35 mins on the dot during the day. I tried EVERYTHING and nothing worked until he grew out if it .... At 10 months! Now he will still sometimes have a short nap, but usually has a decent nap in the afternoon. He doesn't have the sane problem at night, but is a very early riser! Ah the joys smile

GiveMeVegemite Tue 07-May-13 20:57:15

..... Oh and I just had to give him 3/4 short naps during the day to make sure he didn't get too overtired.

allchik Tue 07-May-13 22:38:03

Thanku,just so odd as its JUST started happening. Wondering if it may be the warmer weather? (her room is 19/20 up from 17) Or perhaps a growth spurt? Tonight she has woke every 40mins from 7pm,she didnt use to wake at all till her 11pm feed...I know babies do change,just freaking out that shes going to suddenly become a shocking sleeper!

Peanutbutternutter419 Mon 20-May-13 20:41:18

Hi there, no advice but just wanted to mention that apparently babies go through a 'sleep regression' at around 4 months. Its something to do with their sleep patterns developing to be more like an adults rather than a newborns. If you google 4 month sleep regression you should get some more info.

I know how frustrating it can be, my LO wakes very frequently in the night now and is hard to self soothe. That started at around 4 months. He is 5 months now andhas good nights and bad nights.
I agree with PP about maybe having more naps if sleeping for short periods. My LO gets to about 2 hours and then needs a nap so still having 3/4 naps a day.

Just try different things and see what works for you, but sometimes it may be a case of just waitin for them to grow out of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now