Talk

Advanced search

WHY is my son so clingy?

(3 Posts)
slatternlymother Mon 06-May-13 12:46:01

My son is 2.6 and the past few weeks, he has been so clingy to me it's unreal. He almost actively dislikes his Dad (who is lovely btw), to the point of being horrible.

DS moans if I leave him to pop out (I am a WOHM), and just almost needs to be permanently attached to me. He follows me the whole day if he can, and it's like we're velcroed together.

I hate this. It's actually driving me crazy. DH is desperately upset that DS seems to dislike him, and I just hate this situation. I'm sailing pretty close to the wind today, tbh. I'm not coping that well today.

valiumredhead Mon 06-May-13 22:01:53

It's just a stage, they all go through times when they are velcroed to one parent or the other. It'll pass.

mumofthemonsters808 Mon 06-May-13 22:30:16

My little man is 3.2 and was exactly as you describe and I too found it draining. Over the last six months I have seen a complete transformation. I think part of our problem was that we spent so much time together (OH works long hours and we have no family support) so he did not really get the opportunity to become attached to other people. As he got older he discovered the joys of playing alongside other children and the penny seemed to drop that we did not need to be joined at the hip. Your boy will get there and when he is a teen you will look back and laugh about this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now