Talk

Advanced search

Help getting an 11 week old to sleep in his cot

(8 Posts)
Nicky1306 Sun 05-May-13 08:47:20

As above really........DS sleeps in our bed and won't settle in his cot, any tips? X

CheungFun Sun 05-May-13 08:50:10

I found swaddling DS helped a lot, I'd put him down in the cot whilst he was 'milk drunk' and drowsy and retreat fast! He usually settled pretty well. I think it does help to have the tv off and the lights dimmed whilst you're giving them the last milk feed before bed time.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 05-May-13 09:33:54

Have you seen the isis website Nicky?

GirlWiththeLionHeart Sun 05-May-13 09:45:04

My ds is 4 months old and still won't settle himself. I wait until he's asleep and then tranfer him to a warmed up cot using a hot water bottle.

jkklpu Sun 05-May-13 09:51:51

Put him in a sleeping bag so he stays warm on the transfer, put a vest you've worn or a cloth that's been inside your top for a few hours into the bed, be really, really quiet in the room for a few minutes.

But don't believe that all the advice in the world will help with some babies: my ds2 didn't sleep in his cot till he was about 1.

Nicky1306 Sun 05-May-13 15:11:57

Not sure why you have directed me to that website jilted......it's got information Re: SIDS and SIDU. I know the risks of co-sleeping, neither
Me or DP smoke, drink or take drugs.

I was asking for tips on how to
Get DS to sleep in his cot.
Thanks for all your replies, I have tried swaddling, he's not a fan! Also tried putting him Down milk drunk or fast asleep, either way as soon as his backside hits that cot he is awake! X

CreatureRetorts Sun 05-May-13 15:20:11

Either wait until he's been asleep for 20 mins before transferring (should be in a deep sleep) or co sleep a bit longer. I found it got easier to move them by 4/5 months.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 05-May-13 16:07:59

Didnt have much tine to post earlier sorry, the website was supplied to give reassurance, it wasn't meant to scare or be a critism.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now