Talk

Advanced search

Relationship with dd deteriating.

(3 Posts)
superstarheartbreaker Sun 05-May-13 02:01:17

DD is four, nearly 5 and delightful but a handfull. I split from my ex dp two weeks agoo and ever since then my moods have been out of control. I am getting better but for teh first week I didn't have much energy to give dd and I did tell her that mummy wasn't well and feeling bad but she gave me no leway whatsoever. I did smack her bum last week but I have calmed down a bit. I do feel like we have a damaged relationship as I don't really enjoy doing the kids stuff alone. I miss my ex and his kids and just feel awful. I have posted on mental health to.

CreatureRetorts Sun 05-May-13 03:06:42

I'm sure you know this bit you can't expect a 4 year old to give you leeway. She'll be confused and needing comfort too.
Do you have any friends and family for support?

SavoyCabbage Sun 05-May-13 03:11:02

I think it's really hard when you have stuff like that going on, and you still have to be a parent. If you worked in an office, you could take some time off.

My dh took a job in Australia without telling me hmm and in the end I decided to come to with our girls who were 2&5. I have never been so unhappy or so lonely. I just cried and cried all the time. Sobbing, not pretty or gentle crying. For months. I was not a good parent at all. I didn't want to take them anywhere and I didn't want to do anything with them. But they survived and I did come out of the other end.

You don't have to be playing with Dora the Explorer fecking megabloks all of the time. Or any of the time. You can try to find other stuff that you can do with her that you can deal with. I can play Masterchef with playdoh. I'm Greg Wallace with his spoon. But I can't just sit there and play with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now