Talk

Advanced search

Multiple Monitors?

(6 Posts)
NotjustaMummy Sat 04-May-13 22:03:01

I have a newborn and an 18mth old in a large property with very thick walls. The only monitor that i know can cope is by BT, however I'm not sure if having two of the same monitor will cause interference. Does anyone have any experience? I can't leave on monitor between rooms as the layout doesn't work that way, and I really do need to monitor the elder child!

MortifiedAdams Sat 04-May-13 22:08:11

How new is your newborn? Usually they have all sleeps near you so shouldnt need a monitor for them yet. Once the NB is old enough to go to bed upstairs in the evening, could you leave the landing door open and put the receiver out there, covering both rooms?

NotjustaMummy Sat 04-May-13 22:15:51

The Newborn is 2days old, so not sleeping out of sight yet, but I want to be prepared. We have two cats which means closed room doors and an odd layout which makes using a central area impossible. It's a tall thin property, I could be two floors away at some point...

RedKites Sat 04-May-13 22:19:54

We use two different types of BT monitor without any issue. My DH, who understands such things, says that if both monitors are based on DECT technology then you should be fine.

AmandaPayneAteTooMuchChocolate Sat 04-May-13 22:20:52

We use two BT ones without issues.

NotjustaMummy Sat 04-May-13 22:41:57

Fab! Thanks both!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now