Talk

Advanced search

Foamy poo

(7 Posts)
Tweet2tweet Sat 04-May-13 20:13:06

I'm nit sure whether this is the best talk subject for this but am going to give it a try. My 3 week old dc has terrible wind, from both ends. Most mornings they are screaming from 3 am until a fart comes out. Whilst changing nappy today they went and it came out as yellow foam. Is this normal? A bit freaked out....

sewingandcakes Sun 05-May-13 15:57:39

Has anything changed today? If you're worried I'd suggest contacting your health visitor or gp.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 05-May-13 22:07:42

How are you feeding? Breast, formula or a combination of the 2? Only asking as the advice will probably be different.

Thumbtack Mon 06-May-13 07:42:22

I dont know if this helps but my ebf ds had bubbly 'foamy' poo up until about 5mo - he is 7mo now but i definately remember it being bubbly when i heard/saw it come out.

But please contact hv if concerned.

Thumbtack Mon 06-May-13 07:45:00

it was yellow too - just like you describe, yellow foam - pretty sure its normal . .

Tweet2tweet Tue 07-May-13 20:37:41

Went to doc today and he said was just what babies do. Checked dc's bum and she pooped on him! shock. She also has mild thrush in mouth but he said no need to treat it......
Am just starting the long attempt to put to bed and am hoping I might get at least 2x 2hr sleep slots tonight...

Emilizz Tue 07-May-13 20:42:24

It can be a sign of lactose intolerence though the poo would usually be green frothy.Are you breast or formula feeding?
I suggest that you seek advice from your health visitor.
There are lactose free formulae available or if b/f you can try a dairy free diet to see if it makes a difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now