Talk

Advanced search

15 month old bedtime / nap transition

(3 Posts)
Mochablue Sat 04-May-13 08:52:57

Hi

Im new to mumsnet so I don't know if I have posted in the right place.
Im hoping other mums could tell me what time your 15 month old goes to bed and what your "routine" for the day is at present. I know all babies are different but im really interested as im all over the place with my 15month old and it just seems to be getting worse. Also how did the 2-1 nap transition go for you etc
First time and very confused mum -Help ! lol

TickledYonion Sat 04-May-13 16:03:25

Hi, don't know if it will help but this is what we do with 15mo DD2.

She wakes between 6 and 6:30am. Has a bottle, breakfast and then depends what we are doing as to when she naps. She doesn't really have a good daytime routine as we do different stuff every day. (Nursery for 2 days, grandparents for 2 days and then me/dh and dd1 for the other 3 days.)

Some days she'll have a morning (10-11ish) nap and an afternoon (3-4) one. Other days she'll just have one nap. She naps anywhere between 30mins and 2 hours each day. She often falls asleep in the car so sometimes it's convenient to drive her to sleep.

We have a good bedtime routine. Tea 5-5:30. TV/play till 6. Bath 6 - 6:45. Milk and stories in her room till 7. Then straight in cot to sleep. Luckily she goes to sleep at night fairly well, but sometimes will winge, cry, shout or sing for a while before dropping off.

HTH

CreatureRetorts Sat 04-May-13 18:48:43

Dd would wake around 7am, nap at 9am for 45 mins, lunch at 12, nap at 1pm til 3pm, tea at 5, bath etc at 6pm, asleep by 7.

She's now 17 months and still does similar although can drop the morning nap if she's slept in until 7.30am that morning. She also has an earlier afternoon nap if no morning one.

Ds, my eldest, didn't drop his morning nap until 20 months or so. It took a few weeks of some days no nap, some days taking him for a walk so he'd have a 20 min AM nap before we got there.

We knew it was time to phase it out when he started fighting it. When dd fights hers, I'll drop it too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now