Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

co-sleeping parents - how big is your bed?

(30 Posts)
aviatrix Thu 18-May-06 19:47:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hoxtonchick Thu 18-May-06 19:49:35

ours is enormous . super-king, 2 metres (6ft i think). it's a bit of a squash actually, with dp & i, dd (10 months) & ds (4 yrs)....

nicnack2 Thu 18-May-06 19:50:20

we have king size plus and that can accomadate DS1(afternightmares) DS2 when feeding, DH and me (and cat if she can sneak in. King size plus is 6ft5 length x 6ft accross

Papillon Thu 18-May-06 19:59:48

We have our bed and the kids have singles either side of us.

FrannytheGazelle Thu 18-May-06 20:13:04

<swaggers in>

We have a superking with a double joined on

As I am fond of boasting on here, that's 10 and a half foot of bed

We found superking size quite adequate until ds started really moving around, then we all ended up crammed into the same 2 foot with his head in my armpit

Tex111 Thu 18-May-06 20:26:47

We have a regular king and it's OK. We don't consistently co-sleep but it's still fine on the nights or early mornings when all four of us are in the same bed. That's me, DH, DS (almost 4) and DD (6 months).

rummum Thu 18-May-06 20:51:01

bloody hell Franny.... how bigs your bedroom...

we have a super king... the kids sleep with us when they're ill.. thank god they're not ill together as they're 8 and 9...

morningpaper Thu 18-May-06 20:55:29

We have a king and I find it a total SQUASH with me, DH and baby.

Franny you MUST post a pic of your bedroom!!!!

kitbit Thu 18-May-06 20:58:09

We have a kingsize but as dh moans about being squashed I usually end up getting right over to the edge and sleeping in about 18inches while he and ds starfish through the night grr! Thinking about strapping a single alongside and plugging the gaps with towels, worked for a friend of ours!

FrannyandZooey Fri 19-May-06 12:05:56

LOL, our bedroom is only 11 foot

I will post a pic when I get a chance, it is quite funny. Visiting children go bananas when they see it, it looks like an adventure playground to them and there is much bouncing.

Have hilarious pic of ds when a newborn, lying fast asleep tucked up in the middle of the superking size futon, stretching out like great arctic wastes on either side of him

Tatties Fri 19-May-06 12:09:14

We just have a standard double which is also fairly new but we could definitely do with more room...

sfxmum Fri 19-May-06 12:13:13

huge bigger than king size bought when pregnant with co sleeping in mind. still room for baby n2

RTKangaMummy Fri 19-May-06 12:44:47

We have never co slept

I decided not to cos when I was a nanny in canada and the parents went away on business I had to sleep with 5 year old girl -- cos she couldn't sleep alone

It was a nightmare in a double bed - I couldn't sleep

Anyway what do you guys do in a hotel?

Do you move the beds around or sleep separatley???????

FrannyandZooey Fri 19-May-06 12:48:53

In a hotel, we start off as we do at home with dp and I on big bed and ds nearby (in a hotel, on the sofa bed thing). Then when ds wakes up he comes in with me and dp goes on the camp bed. We tried it different ways but that works best for us

If staying in someone else's house we just make do. Not always the best night's sleep but you manage

RTKangaMummy Fri 19-May-06 12:50:14

Oke doke Thanks

ChaCha Fri 19-May-06 16:40:51

Standard double. Get so squashy sometimes have to make DH go and sleep in the spare room, with or without DS depending on how much 'comfy' sleep I've had. DS is 5.5mths.
Have had to put cot long ways on one side and the other up against wall since DS practised rolling out of bed last week and fell with a bang
We've co-slept most of the time, but I must admit, don't really sleep 100% IFYSWIM

figroll Fri 19-May-06 16:43:45

6 ft by 6 ft 6. What is that? Superking - it has a zip up the middle and is really comfy. Sounds like lots of us have one!

MarsLady Fri 19-May-06 17:08:42

A bog standard double (so a bit of a squeeze as you might imagine as we co-sleep with DTs)

aviatrix Fri 19-May-06 18:22:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FairyMum Fri 19-May-06 18:27:37

Not sure exactly how big our bed is, but DH and my brother built it together and it's really big. It's especially built for co-sleeping. I spent too many years hanging off the side of the bed while my DH and children slept peacefully and I love having a bigger bed.

Filyjonk Fri 19-May-06 18:49:35

In a hotel we

<whispers>

take the mattresses off the beds and put them on the floor.

Actually, that should read in a motel. Have yet to stay in a hotel with the kids.

Adorabelle Fri 19-May-06 19:10:24

Super Kingsize 6ft by 6ft 3, had to buy it when
dd was bout 10 months as she insisted on co-sleeping. It really is a god send if you have 3 (or more) in your bed.

Clayhead Fri 19-May-06 19:33:15

Superking here too.

jollymum Fri 19-May-06 19:35:25

Can I ask a rude question? How do co-sleepers, you know, have umm "relations?" Genuine interest, as my kids are older and sleep below us (in attic space) and have visions of them giggling when they have sleepovers at Mum and dad "doing it!".

FairyMum Fri 19-May-06 19:49:53

jollymum,on top of the fridge

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: