Talk

Advanced search

Girls obsessed with makeup?

(3 Posts)
AmyYammaChildLover Thu 02-May-13 17:20:55

I have 3dd, 11 yo, 8 yo and 6yo. dd1 loves ptting on make up and wears it all the time, has more than me. Of course, this led to her sisters wanting to wear it and I am struggling to say no. Lipstick, blusher, the lot. Is it ok for them to wear it(especially 11 yo, wears it a lot) and if not, how do i say no?

mummysbigsmiles Thu 02-May-13 20:10:55

My cousins DD is 13 and her daughter is constantly in a full face of makeup,we were all at a family party recently and all everyone done was say how terrible it was.... I personally think this is far far too young, their skin at that age needs to breathe, what you could do is make a deal with your DDs that you can have makeover nights at home, applying some lip gloss and blusher, make it into a pamper night once a week as a treat if they don't wear any makeup for the full week. Your pamper night could include a facial, some lip gloss, blusher and eye shadow. :-)

Hope this helps wink

AmyYammaChildLover Tue 07-May-13 16:47:37

Tried it last night and the little kids loved it! grin Thanks. (I think the biscuits helped...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now