Talk

Advanced search

Please offer advice on my 11 month olds daily food /formula intake....

(5 Posts)
GiveMeVegemite Thu 02-May-13 16:07:46

My son is 11 months and has always been in the 100th percentile for height and weight. I have written his average daily food below and wonder if this is normal. I don't think it's 1000 calories and heard that's what he should be eating?

6.30am 180ml milk
8am slice of toast with unsalted butter / half a fruit pouch / juice
10.30am 100ml milk and a rice cake
12.30pm few spoonfuls of whatever we are eating (baked potato/beans and cheese etc) with some more fruit and juice
2.30pm 100ml milk and a baby biscuit
5pm 5 butter beans, 2 green beans and a fish finger/ more fruit pouch / juice
6.30pm 180ml milk

Is this normal? Too much? Too little?

Thanks.

girliefriend Thu 02-May-13 16:16:14

Hi It sounds o.kay but other than the milk not much dairy? Is that deliberate?

I think at around 1yr old as they start to drink less milk it gets replaced by yogurts, cheese and other dairy products.

The fruit pouches are very sweet and won't fill him up very much, will he eat just normal fruit cut up?

Toast for breakfast is fine some of the time but maybe alternate with cereals and milk.

I also think his snacks maybe need to be slightly more substantial as rice cakes are not filling at all!!

<disclaimer I am not a dietician!!>

GiveMeVegemite Thu 02-May-13 16:21:33

Thanks for the reply. He is lactose intolerant so I have to put colief in his milk and he struggles with too much dairy. I give him yogurts and cheese when he is pooping regularly, but it tends to block him up.

I do alternate fruit pouches and normal fruit.

I also give him wheatbix and sultanas and alternate with muesli too.

The menu I wrote is basically what he had yesterday, he gets a bit fussy with his food so I just wanted to make sure he was eating enough really...

girliefriend Thu 02-May-13 22:10:19

I think so, babies and kids generally are quite good at regulating how much they eat. Just follow his lead and be aware that some days he will want to eat much more and other days be more faddy.

Plus when he starts walking (if he is not already!) they burn off calories like mad. My dd at about 14 months seemed to eat non stop!! However she didn't really like milk so I suppose made up for it by eating lots. I went with it and even when she got a little bit tubby felt that this would even out. Now she is an extremely lean and healthy 7 yo so I must have done something right!!

Jayne266 Thu 02-May-13 22:28:33

Sound good mines very similar but my HV told me to drop the middle bottle (DS 10months old).
So today was the first day which went like.
5.30 bottle 7fl oz
7.30 banana and raisin porridge with 2oz of milk.
10am fruit pieces and a banana bar (watermelon & strawberry)
12.30 chicken soup (roughly 5 table spoons) & carrot sticks.
3.30- beef pie with carrot, swede, mash and cabbage & yogurt.
5.00- banana and apple sorbet (he has a sore throat today).
6.30 Bottle 7 fl oz.

All of the portions for the main dinners are roughly 5 -8 tablespoons.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now