Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

My 5 yr old ds swore in class ! oh no !

(5 Posts)
maltesers Thu 18-May-06 14:55:18

Yesterday my 5 yr old ds told my 15 yr old dd that he was ticked off at school for saying 'bITCH' (quite rightly so ) . He said he couldnt play with the construction toys because there were too many kids already there. His father told him off severely and so did I. I also mentioned the incident to both his teachers who work with his class. I was embarrassed but feel I should support the staff and let them know how disappointed i was with him.
There is no excuse but i have 2 teenagers the other is my 18 yr old ds. They both swear at times and i constantly tell them off. He knows now he will be seriously told off but what more can you do. My dp and I have also uttered the odd blasfemous verbles now and again ! OOOpps !

beamer Fri 19-May-06 16:50:53

Can clearly remember an incident about a sauna and another woman being annoyed about the door being left open and defensive mother uttering the B word within earshot of little one !

brimfull Fri 19-May-06 17:13:05

It is difficult when there are toddlers and teens in the family.I have a 3yr old ds and a 14 yr old dd.She wouldn't swear in my earshot but some things she says are just not acceptable for a toddler to say.I'm thinking of things like;
oh my god!
I can't be bothered
this is just crap!
oh for godsake leave me alone!

They sound appalling when coming out of ds's mouth,but it is hard to curb the way teens speak sometimes,you have my sympathy malteser!

frangipan Sun 21-May-06 18:28:36

maltesers... worry not...

my nearly 4 yo told me to f* off this morning

he was told off....

but what hope is there when I follow mothers into the nursery with him and every other word is f***g, b***d etc etc, just in day to day conversation...

TheMammy Sun 21-May-06 18:41:16

My 4yr old dd says "arse" at home

She knows not to say it at school though

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: