Talk

Advanced search

Potty training

(5 Posts)
nichan Thu 02-May-13 08:40:18

Hi need some advice my two year old daughter is potty training something she started herself so we encouraged. She's fine indoors as long as she has no trousers or knickers or pull ups on, she'll run jump on the potty and wee/poo when she needs to go, with the odd accident if she is engrossed in something. Trouble we are having is if you put a pull up on her or knickers she will just wee in them trying to teach her about pulling up and down isn't working either, any advice would be very welcome as I don't really want her running round half naked all the time lol.

TeaCuresEverything Thu 02-May-13 09:20:21

No advice but a bump because I am having this exact problem with my ds - wees and poos on potty like a dream when he is nude! However put a pull up or pair of pants on him and he wees straight though them!

Fuzzymum1 Thu 02-May-13 10:43:01

When my boys were potty training they were just like your daughter, willing to go and wanting to do it but go confused when they had pants on. We started off doing the 'naked from the waist down' thing then graduated to wearing loose trousers with no pants on had no choice with DS3 as he decided no more nappies at 21 months and I hadn't even thought about buying pants - they went undie-less for a week or two until they were really in the mindset of using the potty.

nichan Thu 02-May-13 11:03:40

Thanks I like the loose trousers idea much easier for her to learn pulling up and down will give that a go smile. She also decided 21 months no nappies lol very independent like her sister, her vocabulary isn't as wide ranged as what her sisters was at that age which also makes it a lil more tricky. Will give the trousers no knickers a go and see what happens smile

BergholtStuttleyJohnson Thu 02-May-13 13:30:18

I'm having the same problem with my almost 3 yr old son! No advice I'm afraid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now