Talk

Advanced search

Sicky baby

(5 Posts)
Radiator1234 Sat 27-Apr-13 19:29:28

DD2 is 7 weeks old. She seems to be a relatively contented little thing, and is a great sleeper - already done a few 8 hour stretches. She is also putting on weight nicely.

The thing is, once a day she does a massive puke after a feed. Like a fountain of vomit that just keeps coming and coming. I usually have a pool of sick in my bra or on my clothes and it ends in a full change of clothes for me. She seems fine and doesn't flinch and feeds again after.

HV just shrugged shoulders and said some babies are v sicky.

Anyone else have this ? Any tips?? When did it stop?

DD1 was almost never sick so this has been a shock!

ExBrightonBell Sat 27-Apr-13 20:42:46

This happened occasionally with my ds when he was a similar age. It stopped around 4 months ish, as I recall. Try not to put any pressure on her tummy after a feed and keep her upright for a good while as well, with no bouncing or jigging about. That's about all I can suggest hmm

Once my ds did this in the middle of the night, resulting in a change of clothes for him, me and all the sheets, duvet etc on my bed. I am glad he's grown out of it!

TelephoneTree Sat 27-Apr-13 21:21:19

This happened with all 3 of mine, They just said reflux. BUT what I found out with number 3 is that he had food intolerances and once they were removed from his diet, he wasn't sick at all. I took the other two to be tested and we are now a wheat free house and cows milk reduced...

I really wish I'd known beforehand about food intolerances. I could have saved them months of vomiting sad

Jinty64 Sat 27-Apr-13 21:37:36

Ds2 was like this - he's 15 now and it's stopped. grin The worst of it only lasted a few months. Initially he didn't put on much weight and we discovered he had a floppy larynx so I put it down to that but ds3 also had a floppy larynx but was never sick. Even after he started crawling I would find little puddles of sick on the carpet. He hasn't been a sicky child at all though, quite the opposite.

Radiator1234 Sun 28-Apr-13 17:26:55

Thanks for the replies!

Brighton - I wish it was only occasionally for us too! Unfortunately changing clothes is a daily occurrence. Sheets frequently get it too. Ugh!

Interesting about the food allergies link.

Sigh. My other half got the puke today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now