Talk

Advanced search

DS wants to poo at 6am and wakes up..

(4 Posts)
sharond101 Sat 27-Apr-13 12:29:31

Ds wakes at 6am no matter what time he goes to bed. After 10minutes or so he poos although will not go back to sleep. IS it this that is waking him up? it's not light or noise we have eliminated those. He used to poo after dinner and sleep later in the morning. he doesn't do this now and seems to need to go first thing when I'd prefer to still be fast asleep. It seems a ridiculous question but can I do anything about this? He is 11mo

jkklpu Sat 27-Apr-13 15:23:05

Babies just wake up early, however long we'd prefer them to sleep. My ds2 started the day no later than 5.15am until he was about 2.5; ds3 (just 1) wakes by 6.15 every morning, usually after sleeping for 10-11 hours. That's what they do. Not sure the pooing has anything to do with it - they're more likely to poo awake than asleep at that age.

valiumredhead Sat 27-Apr-13 16:48:19

Babies wake up early, if you get past 5.30am you are in the lucky camp ime. They also change their routines all the time, I mean, can you predict when you are going to have a bowel movement? grin

mummy2benji Sun 28-Apr-13 22:26:18

No pearls of wisdom to offer sorry, but my ds1 went through a phase of pooing at 5.30 - 6am too which meant we were up much earlier than I wanted. It did pass though and didn't last too long, so hopefully yours may not either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now