Talk

Advanced search

At what age......??

(9 Posts)
mummysbigsmiles Sat 27-Apr-13 03:36:59

My dd is 7months old, should i now be trying to encourage her to sit up by herself? And also, what age do babies start to crawl usually, if they ever do.,...

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Sat 27-Apr-13 03:57:27

I can only go off my DD (now 9).

at 6-7 months she sat up unaided.

7-8 months she could roll over

9 months - crawling

11 months wailing

Encourage her to sit up (cushions around her) and she will realise how much fun it is, once her muscles are strong enough she will do it by herself but you need to show her first.

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Sat 27-Apr-13 03:58:50

lol @ wailing.

she does that too, of course I meant walking grin

Dontbugmemalone Sat 27-Apr-13 06:24:18

DS1-

6 months- sitting up unaided
5 months- crawling, commando style
11 months- Walking

DS2-
Could sit from 7 months, but preferred to play on his front. He's now 10 months and has started sitting for longer periods of time.

Your baby will do these things in her own time but you can try sitting her up with cushions just to get her used to the feeling of sitting up.
Some babies never crawl, they prefer to bottom shuffle or roll across the room.

MaryRobinson Sat 27-Apr-13 08:22:36

There is a huge variation in when kids meet milestones.
Does she get lots of tummy time to build up core strength?

MiaowTheCat Sat 27-Apr-13 08:51:56

HUGE variation - in contrast to the "early" ones posted.

DD1 (although you need to adjust for her prematurity - which I often forget to do these days)
Rolling front to back to avoid tummy time - 7 months
Rolling back to front - 10 months
Sitting unaided at a point I was relatively confident she wasn't going to topple and faceplant - 8/9 months ish
Commando crawling - 11 months - she was a master or swivelling herself around and then targetting a roll to get to where she wanted to be and didn't see the point of crawling much.

She seemed to go through a long phase of being "late" to do physical stuff while her communication developed at a crazy rate and then the physical stuff suddenly seemed to clear an entire backlog of development pretty much overnight.

Signet2012 Sat 27-Apr-13 08:56:08

Dd sat up at 5 months and was quite solid by 6 months. Has only just started rolling onto front occasionally at 8 months. Will stay on all fours if you lift her onto it and bounce but doesn't go anywhere

mummysbigsmiles Sun 28-Apr-13 20:49:07

She did it!!! Woooo! Proud mummy!!

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Sun 28-Apr-13 21:31:59

grin

well done to your DD! happy sitting smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now