Talk

Advanced search

Sleepovers

(8 Posts)
Thirstysomething Wed 24-Apr-13 08:09:40

Any tips for a shy four year old going on her first sleepover? She asked to go but is terrified at the same time!
And does anyone have recommendations for the best children's sleeping bags?
For sleepovers but also for camping this summer.
Thank yoooou!

Flyonthewindscreen Wed 24-Apr-13 12:39:51

4 v young for a sleepover imo!

letsgoeskimo Wed 24-Apr-13 13:13:02

Agree with Kamer - 4 is really young. Who's sleepover is it? Do you know the family well? Does she?

Thirstysomething Wed 24-Apr-13 13:30:47

Yes we know family really really well (godparents with same age kids), 5 mins from home and she really wants to go because her older (extrovert sister has been going on sleepovers to her best friends since she was three and absolutely loves them.

valiumredhead Wed 24-Apr-13 13:38:38

Ds had his first one at 6 with neighbours who we know very well - he took a photo of us ( he asked!) and a book with a torch in case he couldn't sleep.

He was fine, and I think it's really good to get kids used to sleeping away from home, so in an emergency if they have to go and stay at a friend's it's not the end of the world.

Thirstysomething Wed 24-Apr-13 13:41:36

Oops pressed post half way through while trying to close brackets after 'extrovert'
Anyway, so shy little sister really wants to follow in big sisters footsteps and is begging to go. I just wondered if anyone had any tips.

Thirstysomething Wed 24-Apr-13 13:42:55

Thanks valiumredhead, I agree

Thirstysomething Wed 24-Apr-13 13:44:53

A friend just suggested a photo (ditto Valium), a piece of paper with our phone number on it so she knows she can come home any time, her favourite soft toy or her own home sleeping bag, which all sounds good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now